ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

I bought a 2009 Ferd Expedition (Special Service Vehicle / Interceptor).
I had a friend bid on a couple on the auction block here locally.
A small town north of here traded in their pair for new ones. I wanted both.. one to drive and one to flip.

Just detailed it and putting Gibson headers on it, steering shaft and cleaning up a few things.

I didn't mention it before because Ferd. lol

DMax is safely nestled in my garage. I will take it out for a spin tomorrow. Good weather!
I need to move all the parts I have yet to put on into the basement while I wait for my next opportunity to do some work to it.

I also have a few questions about tuning and a few simple mods.. I plan on giving Sinister Diesel a call next week to review a few ideas.

Last edited:
Just waiting for spring! Here is another picture from the fall while I watch the snow melt.

IMG_2968_zpsbfdhyoym.jpg

Going out tomorrow to hook up a charger to the batteries. Might need a new set this season.

I was literally JUST looking in this thread for when you did your lower ball joints trying to figure out how to do mine lol

Just waiting for spring! Here is another picture from the fall while I watch the snow melt.

IMG_2968_zpsbfdhyoym.jpg

Going out tomorrow to hook up a charger to the batteries. Might need a new set this season.

I've been putting a trickle charge on mine every chance I've had but I think I may end up replacing it anyways. I miss seeing this truck on here on a regular basis, I think everyone up north is tired of winter and waiting for spring so the toys can come back out

Yeah my batteries won't even turn it over... not to mention they have been run flat a few times.
A refresh couldn't hurt.

Thanks for the compliments. I've got some minor mods coming in the spring (just finishing the list).
I've seen some pretty incredible builds on here.. I don't think it will achieve that status!
I'm getting married in July, but I won't abandon this "build" it's fun to work on it.

Snow sucks.

Well in the past 2 days I've read this whole thread, I really shouldn't have cause now I want so much more. Your attention to detail to top of the line man! Great work

61226006_zpsqafr4rgi.jpg

Warm weekend, snow is clearing out (of my yard at least) and I started cleaning the garage bay out.
Also put my batteries on a charge for 1/2 a day. Looks like I also have the tranny line leak like a few other people.
A red circle has formed just behind my front diff. Add it to the list, right?

Time to get cookin'

Hibernation....
360_hibernation_space_0216.jpg

I'll be moving this summer just after I get married... sadly no garage where I am headed.
So another project is finding a garage to rent.. looking for an old mixed use property for sale or lease.
We're going to save some money over the next year or so and then buy a new home together after her contract is finished.

It complicates things, but I should have time for a few more *ah-hem* upgrades :spendmonies:
I'm anxious to get some work done that's already on the list.

wouldn't hurt to get them load tested too. They might hold a charge but the reserve might be gone.
Batteries are probably toast.. wouldn't surprise me at all.

:imo: hopefully this summer it becomes bigass racetrok
One can only hope! It's a long list .. I will have to pick and choose what to do next.

Last edited: