ITGuy's 2003 Sierra 1500/2500 4x4 RCLB Build Thread

I can use the "Christmas Tree" clips right? Or should I use plastic rivets that expand within their fittings (much like the stock liners in the front have) ? I am not wanting to use metal through the existing fender holes, just more sh*t to rust IMO.

Oh and you bought liners for the front too? Didn't like stock coverage or?

I can use the "Christmas Tree" clips right? Or should I use plastic rivets that expand within their fittings (much like the stock liners in the front have) ? I am not wanting to use metal through the existing fender holes, just more sh*t to rust IMO.

Oh and you bought liners for the front too? Didn't like stock coverage or?

its the front of the rear wheel well.

i like the expanding ones better personally

Sorry, im not good at words sometimes. :p

I like the little expandy clips better as well, however due to the gaps that exist with the liners, they wouldnt work, so I had to use the Xmas trees. That being said, I wont have any reason to take the flares off so the Xmas trees work, and Ihve had the liners installed for about a year now, no issues with them coming loose. Its really amazing how much shit these things block. The back sides of my taillights are clean from when I installed these. I also cant recall ever getting the bumper filled with snow and BS like normal either. Maybe I should be like GM and coat them with some black astroturf :p

Where are you guys finding these rear liners at?

And having installed a few sets of flares, the factory hardware uses the push rivets for all the radial holes, and 2 christmas trees on the two horizontal holes in the back, and one tree in the front flare. On oem flares they are actually marked on the back which clips go in where. if you use all the push rivets the flare will not be tight and may fall off, but I dont think the trees will fit in all the holes either?

I got my liners from Cap World. They have had price jumps around but I got them for 88 bucks shipped a year ago. I used the christmas trees that they came with and they fit in all the holes. They are pretty chunky trees though.

lol Christmas trees. are they actually called that or is that just what its being called in this thread :santaclaus:

also i want day time parking lot pics !!!

lol Christmas trees. are they actually called that or is that just what its being called in this thread :santaclaus:

Yes GM actually calls them pine trees, even imprinted with that on the back of factory fender flares

They [Pine Trees] are very handy for something you want to secure & are not going to be removing frequently!

Working late tonight but will be doing HD photoshoot this Saturday, with a few more things 'finished' on le Truka

Test fitting new liners and aligning them.
IMG_20141002_175932690_zpsbzh5ywrm.jpg

Flares test fit one at a time and taped in. Time do drill with 1/4" bit and mount them. [flare paint is :boobs: btw]
IMG_20141002_181040973_zpsxly773nz.jpg

IMG_20141002_181101002_zps4gmiditv.jpg

9 Mount points for fasteners on each flare, fender and through liner.
IMG_20141002_182825383_zpsb6sequbv.jpg

IMG_20141002_182846661_zpsgpzucby8.jpg

The rear liners are both installed [ had to remove wheels ] and flares are secured.

Front flares are taped on and the first plastic rivet is installed on each side. I ran out of them.
Will have to run to the store tomorrow and get another 20 pack, otherwise looks great.
Didn't know how I would feel about them until I saw them.

Last edited: