ITGuy's 1972 Chevrolet Custom 350 C10 - Shop Truck / Noise Maker

Runs a lot better now.

Tomorrow oil change, transmission and differential flush.
I'll also pick up the new vacuum lines and make some adjustments to the carb.

Hopefully she'll turn a tire or two after this, and probably get a hell of a lot better fuel economy as well.

Just glanced through the thread, shop truck is looking and apparently running pretty damn good. Love it! Hope the front lug nut issue got sorted out!

Yeah I bet it runs a helluva lot better now. get some 8.8mm wires on it and a hot coil. Those things had HUGE differences in my old TBI s10. i say instead of spending money on the drop parts, leave it as it sits and do more motor work. make it angry!

Yeah the tone of the engine has changed, the idle is higher and much smoother.
It is audibly more raspy now and the throttle is much more responsive.

I just need to get a few more things sorted to wake her up.

Just glanced through the thread, shop truck is looking and apparently running pretty damn good. Love it! Hope the front lug nut issue got sorted out!

Re-torqued them tonight before a 10 mile drive. Not too loose, but a few of them needed a little boost for sure.
Passenger side was the worst.

I am going to take the wheels off next week and clean the rotors more thoroughly.

I just bought new HPS 5mm vacuum lines, Moroso Line cap kit, an Innova timing light and a complete 65K replacement distributor system (w/ coil)

I'll slap that on later next week. The one that is in there looks pretty beat up, even though it's working. Not sure how long my soldering job will hold.

Last edited:
It's probably a mess in there (cylinders). Hope I can get it flushed out. I will keep tabs on it.
Pull the plugs every few days. Drove it about 25 miles today, got her out on the highway and droning @ 70mph.

Steering needs some adjustment, alignment and I need to check my springs, the whole thing is leaning to the passenger side fo the vehicle, with the bed being a bit more 'off' then the cab. If it's not that then I will look at the mounts.. but it seems pretty uniform, and was straight (if I remember correctly) when I bought it. Something is off.. my guess is the front drivers side spring coil since I had removed it.

No worries though.

:driver:

New vacuum line installed from carb to distributor, along with new vacuum plugs / caps.

Received these goodies today. Will make time for install ASAP.

Sweet-ass timing light.

IMG_20140829_183123874_zpsvets9z8u.jpg

New Distributor and coil
IMG_20140829_182105546_HDR_zpskkc56ysu.jpg

I will be doing the new distributor soon. Would love to get to it this coming week.
Just been busy.

I've gotten a TON of interest in this truck. If I flip it, I'll just get another c10 and keep thread open. I probably get 5-6 inquiries a week... sometimes several a day if I am out driving around and making stops in town for parts.

Either way, good stuff.

Nothing much, had it for sale for a little bit.. But might keep. I could probably find one with a better body.. This one needs some TLC! If I found a good short bed I would consider doing the conversion and replacing some other parts.

Would also be a great candidate for an LS swap.. Stock motor is pretty mild.