Issue with climate control panel.

Da_Rebel

Just another guy
Mar 8, 2012
Sanger, TX
Alright guys, I need your help. My double-din radio was having issues yesterday, so I removed it to get it tested. I was re-assembling the dash panels in a hurry, and plugged in the AC/Heater control panel (not digital) while the truck was running.

Didn’t think much of it, figured I could turn off/turn on the truck again and all would be fine. I was wrong. Now the only air I get, whether heat or cold, is through the defroster vents. I have tried the HVAC fuse reset, nothing happened.

Did I fry the climate control board by plugging it in while the truck was running? I have also read about the blend door actuators going out, but I don’t believe that’s the issue here. I am also nervous about taking the truck in to the dealership to get it scanned because of the BBP tune currently on the truck, and don’t want it flashed back to stock.

Thanks for your input.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
Try disconnecting the battery for at least 15 minutes. After reconnection, turn the key to run but don't start the engine. Leave it in run for at least a minute. Then turn it off for at least 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, start the engine like normal and test out the AC and hope it works.

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
I kinda had the same problem. air was blowing mainly though the defrost vents. Problem was the heater blend door actuator. $35 for an ACDelco replacement on RockAuto. But I didn't want to fuck with it so I took it to my mechanic and had them replace it. Ended up costing me $300 :emo:

Da_Rebel

Just another guy
Mar 8, 2012
Sanger, TX
Thanks for the input guys, it's fixed now. I got in it this morning to go to church and turned it on, expecting it to still come out of the defrost vents. After blowing for 3-5 seconds, it began coming out of the vents it's supposed to. No idea as to why it wouldn't do it Friday afternoon, but I'm so glad it's fixed now.