IPC/DIC Circuit Draining Battery, need help.

turkey_drag

May 23, 2014
Durant
Okay guys, I bought a used 03 SS with 117K, that is in immaculate condition other than the sad fact that it is having the battery drain issue from the IPC/DIC circuit. I did my research, and a draw test and found this to be the circuit. Will rebuilding the gauge cluster as most have suggested fix the problem or should I just break down and buy a whole new cluster. The speedo is reading weird anyways so I know I am going to get that fixed. I just dont wanna shell out the coin to have everything rebuilt and LED's installed only to have it not solve the problem. I found a few posts on other forums where some people had the cluster repaired and it fixed it and others that did the same and had the same problem. Ill be using the gm gauge guy if I go that route. What are your opinions on the matter, anyone else who has had this problem feel free to chime in. Thanks guys.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
You can try Scottyboy. He is a member and can rebuild them. I know nothing about the dic issue. I guess I need to Google that one.