Installing an aftermarket stereo in a 2003 silverado with bose

Blackout

Dat Rust Bucket
Dec 18, 2015
West Michigan
Got an aftermarket stereo from a buddy, i hate that the factory headunit has no aux port, So he gave this to me. Its a JVC Kd G230. My truck has the factory bose system, onstar, no xm radio or navigation. I'd like to retain the factory bose amp. What adapter do I need? I'd like to stay on the cheap side of things because I'm not keeping this truck more than a year or two.

Thanks guys, new to installing aftermarket stereos, it seems pretty straight forward other than what adapter to use. Everything online doesn't say anything about bose.

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
You'll need your typical harness for the head unit, then to retain the bose system is a GMOS-04 harness

If you have steering wheel controls you'll need another harness to retain them as well. Can't remember the exact model name off the top of my head, but if you need that I'd get it for ye

Blackout

Dat Rust Bucket
Dec 18, 2015
West Michigan
Looks like Axxess is the route I'm going. Im sick and tired of radio. Every vehicle I've had before this had some type of headunit with an aux or usb.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Moved to correct section. The How-To and Tech Articles section is strictly to post modification instructions.