Installed McG 4/6 drop. Front sits high

It looks like I may be touching the bump stop, but its not compressed, hard to tell with the shadows. Does everyone run without stops? Or are you installing very short ones in the stock front location.

you can pickup a shorter pair at most local auto parts stores for $12 or so 10 minutes to swap them, my truck was touching the stops and the ride was horrible and had a lot of bump steer i bought a set installed them they was like around 2" i think I cut about an inch off really helped the ride and cut a lot of the bump steer out. I would not run with out any personally.....

Thanks everyone. The spring is indexed as close to where the old one was as I could get it. I even re-used the factory coil insulators. Though I bought new LCA's because the lower ball joints were shot.

Really???? Was the spring rate poor on their springs?

not sure? but it was a horrible ride very harsh called Eibach ran the part numbers and they said it was the correct springs for my truck? I swapped to DJM LCA's and cut stock springs very pleased with the ride now.......Eibach never again!

Also, these trucks are notorious for bumpsteer. Damn near every setup I've seen has it. Some worse than others. Mine was terrible with those 2- 3" BT coil springs. The best I've had is my current setup with coilovers. I have very little now. Only on really rough surfaces.

Last edited:
Okay, so its been a few weeks. Had my bumpers out for powder so I haven't had a chance to drive the truck too much. I took some measurements of the frame to the ground at two different parking lot locations. I measured from the inside edge of where each cab mount meets the frame before the frame starts to curve up (chalk mark in pics). Tires are 255/55/18.

When looking at the truck from the drivers side it doesn't look at bad because of the lean. But from the passenger side it just doesn't look level to me. I am considering taking off the flip kit (6") and going with a 4" drop in the rear. Or I need to figure out how to get the front to sit at least an inch lower.

Concrete
Pass F---5 1/2"
Pass R---5 1/8"
Drive F---5 1/4"
Drive R---4 7/8"

Asphalt
Pass F---5 5/8"
Pass R---5 1/4"
Drive F---5 3/8"
Drive R---5 1/8"

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

I still need to level out the front bumper. I had the chrome bumper powdered black and painted the lower gray valance with Duplicolor black bumper paint. The upper valance has some Mothers Back to Black on it.

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

my truck sat the same way........ very annoying!

I cut 1/4 of a coil off the front springs that lowered the front 1" i needed to leveled out my truck

my truck sat the same way........ very annoying!

I cut 1/4 of a coil off the front springs that lowered the front 1" i needed to leveled out my truck

Thanks for backing me up on this. I guess my pictures just aren't showing the issue very well. It is high in the front period. So you got an inch out of a 1/4 coil? Good to know.