Spacemn2

Jun 15, 2014
Trenton, NJ
Hi all

Just finished up installing a McG 4/6 drop on my 2003 RCSB. I took some measurements from the ground to the fender edge and the wheels gap ahead of installing the kit. The rear dropped exactly as it should, 6" no issues.

Finished up the front today. I have the 17" wheel 2 inch drop spindles and I ordered 2" drop coils for a standard cab. By my measurements I didn't even get 3 inches of drop.

I took one pic, its hard to tell exactly but you get the idea.

photo%2520%25281%2529.JPG

I have never known coil springs to settle. I wonder if I received the wrong coils. I emailed McG with the part number on the coil and will see what happens.

One other thing, lined up next to the old stock coils, the new coils had almost exactly the same free length. Could be coincidence.

I really don't want to take that front end apart again. :pissed:

And the bleeders on my calipers are so rusted they only have 3 sides left on them. I can only assume I am going to need calipers as well.

Thanks

Last edited:

CammedVmax

Still stuck
Jun 5, 2013
Longview, TX
Measure from the center of the hub to the fender, then we can tell how much drop you really got from it. Your truck could've just sat lower stock.

Sent from Tapashit

Spacemn2

Jun 15, 2014
Trenton, NJ
Measure from the center of the hub to the fender, then we can tell how much drop you really got from it. Your truck could've just sat lower stock.

Sent from Tapashit

Framing square level to the center of the hub, I am getting ~16.25" pass side, 15.75" drivers side to the edge of the fender.

R and L rear are both sitting at 15.5"

Last edited:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Lulz...

I should settle close to half an inch I bet. I just raised my coilovers up and it settled back down close to half an inch alone. It happens every time!

Spacemn2

Jun 15, 2014
Trenton, NJ
my friend is having this same problem with his 4/6 but it's been on for a few weeks :okay:

Oh that's great, just what I needed to hear. :)

I haven't cut out my notch....yet. Having 2nd thoughts since nothing I have done in the rear is permanent, just the flip so far. I mean I bought the rear parts from someone who bailed on the notch cut as well. Though flipping it back around and then changing out some spring hangers would be a PITA.

Both my bumpers are off so I can take them to get PCoated so I won't be driving it for another week.

Will report back if it drops at all.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Bump stops up front and shocks may be binding up the final drop. My truck dropped after swapping bumpstops out.

James

Mar 21, 2012
The Boot
I installed same kit on my 06 CCSB, my front settled down a good 3/4" and front sat 4.75"/rear was 8" with 2" drop shackles. I had to add a Belltech 3/4" spacer to lift front up and it sits right at 4" now. The front will settle. What shocks are you running with this drop?

and by your measurements your passenger side is 3.25" drop and driver is 3.75" drop

stroker87

May 16, 2014
I just went true this, annoyed the hell out of me my front was 1" higher then the rear drop kit is DJM 2" LCA & stock cut springs and a rear flip kit

I waited to see if it would settle about 1,000 miles and the rear leveled out and dropped but the front never did

I cut 1/4 of a coil from the front springs that leveled out my truck I have 15" to 15.25" at all wheels

Spacemn2

Jun 15, 2014
Trenton, NJ
I am running BellTech Street Performance, I bought the part number they told me to for a 2-4" drop, 10103i.

I quickly ducked my head under the truck this AM before coming to work. It looks like I may be touching the bump stop, but its not compressed, hard to tell with the shadows. Does everyone run without stops? Or are you installing very short ones in the stock front location.

I also did not tighten any suspension components in the air. All were Torqued resting on the ground or ramps.

Last edited:

Spacemn2

Jun 15, 2014
Trenton, NJ
I installed same kit on my 06 CCSB, my front settled down a good 3/4" and front sat 4.75"/rear was 8" with 2" drop shackles. I had to add a Belltech 3/4" spacer to lift front up and it sits right at 4" now. The front will settle. What shocks are you running with this drop?

and by your measurements your passenger side is 3.25" drop and driver is 3.75" drop

Yes, the front left is lower. Don't some of these trucks have a lean?

TheSuspensionSource

The Lowering Experts
Make sure the spring is indexed correctly. Most coil springs will settle after about 100 miles or so. You can expect up to 1/4" to 1/2" in some cases. If your bumpstop in the front is an issue I would remove it and replace with a lower profile bumpstop like this one Foam Bump Stop - Universal Cone 1.26" Tall x 2.5" OD

However you should not have any bumpstop issues in the front. This generation of the Silverado/Sierra is known for having a Chevy Lean. There is about 3/4" difference between the drivers side and passenger side. You can use this to correct 99-06 Chevrolet Silverado/Sierra 3/4" Lift Front