Important!: Inner tie rod rubbing

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
Last summer I replaced the following: pitman arm,idler arm and bracket,both UCAs, both lower ball joints, both tie rod ends, and both inner tie rods, and the camber bolts on the driver side(had destroyed them removing UCA). I also dealt with an issue of after market sway bar end links not being long enough.
That being said I believed that to be the reason my inner tie rod would rub the boot on the sway bar and tear it at 3/4 lock to the right.

So fast forward to today. I had ordered a new inner tie rod to replace the damaged one along with GM end links hoping the bushing size or someting would allow it to clear. It didnt. I also ordered new camber bolts for the passenger side bc the alignment shop had said they needed to be replaced in order to dial the truck in completley. Tomorrow I'm taking it in to be realigned and am just going to have them do the bolts because they only wanted $35 to do it(well worth it IMO)

So if you are still reading at this point here's my question. Could the new camber bolts allow for adjustment to be able to have the itr clear the sway bar?

I'm honestly at a loss here. Everything is new(er) and I didn't have this problem before.

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
Yeah just passenger. The new camber bolts helped some but it's still just hitting the boot. I'm going to try a few washers to try and push it up enough

Last edited:

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
i wonder is the sway bar is bent or something.

From what I've read on dieselplace it's pretty common once lifted/leveled. Some guys filp the sway bar and install shorter endlinks or get extended cognitio links. Considering I just bought brand new gm factory ones for $60 um going to try some washers and see if that helps

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
Well my dumbass apparently reinstalled the centerlink in wrong direction. Which I'm still not sure how that's possible but it seems to have fixed it.
Lesson learned: mark shit when you take it off.

Which I usually do but didn't for whatever reaaon

Cleanoh4

Aug 27, 2013
NJ
Did you do the bearing too? I didn't when I did my ISS years ago and now there's slight wiggle in the shaft at the bearing. But I'm in the same boat. Literally everything steering or suspension related in the front but the LCAs has been replaced and I still have a damn squeak and a little rumbling in the steering on turns (I think that's the bearing)