impala ss exhaust suggestions?

blome_racing

blo me
Feb 12, 2012
i just got a impala ss not long ago and was looking for a exhaust before i get it tuned dont want anything super loud since its a daily just more than stock. was thinking a magnaflow but idk wich one i should be looking for i would need 2 since stock mufflers are right before the tips will probably get slightly bigger tips as well. what do you guys recomend? its a 5.3 ls4

Magnaflow catback

To bad the cutouts for tips are just for single tips, I have a set of standard C6 exhaust tips in my garage I was going to put on my GP GXP

*edit*
This was my plan for exhaust on it 3" pipe with a 16-20" glasspack(replace factory resonator), then SI 3"/DO 2.5" y pipe, 2 Cherry Bomb Extremes and C6 Corvette tips to finish it out

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha nah man, they made the newer SS's with the LS series engines from the factory :crazy:

I'd assume a Magnaflow would sound good on there.

Borla, dynomax, hooker aerochamber, mild spintech. Everyone has magnalfow. I'd want something a tad less common.

We had basani on my moms and it sounded great..had a nice low rumble at idle but also sounded awesome at wot

always been a fan of those impalas, happy we both have the same fuel pump tick though in the video LOL

Magnaflow catback

To bad the cutouts for tips are just for single tips, I have a set of standard C6 exhaust tips in my garage I was going to put on my GP GXP

*edit*
This was my plan for exhaust on it 3" pipe with a 16-20" glasspack(replace factory resonator), then SI 3"/DO 2.5" y pipe, 2 Cherry Bomb Extremes and C6 Corvette tips to finish it out

i do like dat and werd o the cutouts would look baller with dual tips

Last edited by a moderator: