blurred

Oct 5, 2016
Appreciate it. I was pleased with said truck... even though people thought it belonged to a Cholo-surfer.

- - - - - - - - - -auto merged double post- - - - - - - - - -

Hah! The into story for the win!

Welcome! Very clean looking "hoe"

-Avery

Texas speed? Woo, do I win go fast parts with the intro? This thing is slow. Like a tortoise would look at me and say "come on, bro."

I tried to put the biggest snail I could find in the engine bay like I've read about online, but that didn't make me go fast, just got goo all over when he slithered into the fan.

But actually, I just figured out purple is Vendor.

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
Oh shit, Dover Delaware... yeah. Been a long, long time.

Word. Can't wait to see what you do with this one. Did you get out of the black one to a lowered one?

Sent from your girls iPhone.

Slow05CC

Avery@texas-speed.com
Apr 25, 2014
Round Rock, Tx.
Texas speed? Woo, do I win go fast parts with the intro? This thing is slow. Like a tortoise would look at me and say "come on, bro."

I tried to put the biggest snail I could find in the engine bay like I've read about online, but that didn't make me go fast, just got goo all over when he slithered into the fan.

But actually, I just figured out purple is Vendor.

HAHA! It sounds like you need a whipple! If you ever need go fast parts, or advice on a better running motor let me know. I would be glad to spec something for you!

-Avery

blurred

Oct 5, 2016
Word. Can't wait to see what you do with this one. Did you get out of the black one to a lowered one?

Boy, that was a while ago... Yeah, I sold the black lifted one and bought a blue lowered one, then lowered it more. Here are the photos of the two trucks for anyone curious.

The first was my Canyon... 10" of lift with 35s and a few other odds-n-ends
IMG_3714 by boyd smith, on Flickr

The next was my Colorado, that I lament getting rid of.
.mod_1448647145721 by boyd smith, on Flickr

Right on. Yah im not a fan of the 2 tone brown and black they come in
No doubt. The tinted "clearcoat" on the face of the wheels was as uneven as Picasso's paintings. That finish on the wheels had to go.
HAHA! It sounds like you need a whipple! If you ever need go fast parts, or advice on a better running motor let me know. I would be glad to spec something for you!

-Avery
Shoot... I've been leaning towards a turbo setup because I personally think they look cooler lol. But I haven't really looked heavily into it simply because time and money are required, which at this point, I don't have one because of the booger eaters and the other would take convincing the White Queen to let me use, which would wind up being me reasoning with the Red Queen because car parts are not important to her.

But honestly, I'd be happy with 5-600 HP in this thing, it would help make it scoot and possibly go back in time when I hit 88mph, but I also know that I would need to do some upgrades on the engine and probably swap out the transmission to a 4l80...

blurred

Oct 5, 2016
more pics of that blue colorado immediately

SS front bumper cut down and reshaped.
Grille built from a stock Colorado grille, mesh from customcargrilles.com and a bar from an 80s Chevy van.
Retrofit headlights, sequential turns/DRLs.
Flares are a combination of modified offroad flares and the Xtreme flares to work with the body kit.
BBS RD-6 wheels with 1.5" spacers since I hadn't been in a position to pull the trigger on 2/3 piece wheels.
GTO Interior re-wrapped - Built brackets for the front seats and the rear seats cut and fit into stock Colorado rear bench.
Built and wrapped the center console.

Lots of other random things done to it over the years, but those are the highlights really...

Jason Guzman Edit 2 by boyd smith, on Flickr

_DSC6480 by boyd smith, on Flickr

IMG_20151118_100346337_HDR by boyd smith, on Flickr

IMG_20150214_131458157_HDR_1 by boyd smith, on Flickr

_DSC6489 by boyd smith, on Flickr

20150801_085937 by boyd smith, on Flickr

Before the flares and with the roof rack that I built...

329 by boyd smith, on Flickr

_20140616_115122 by boyd smith, on Flickr

And a couple photoshops...

IMG_20140830_103031 by boyd smith, on Flickr

blueprintcars by boyd smith, on Flickr