I want my Silverado to ride like the new Ram!

Ivanuf

Jul 20, 2013
I am in trouble, I love my Silverado,but today I drove the new 2013 DodgeRam with the AirRide suspension and that thing rides like a TownCar! I almost left my Silverado on the dealer. I am an older guy and I am sick of bouncing around on my Silverado on bad roads (wich are 90% of the roads around here).

My question is how can I make my Silverado ride like the new Ram (air ride) but I am not into the slam to the ground look. Just a look like a 4/7 static drop with the sweet ride of the air bags?

I have until the dealer finds a Ram with the options I want to make a desicion, do I fix my Silverado or do I switch to the Ram.

Help

bag your truck...or buy a new ride. A new truck, when compared to an older truck, that is lowered, is never a fair comparison.

^Agreed, while some lowered trucks may "Ride like stock" ive never been in one that rode better. Any modified suspension other than air ride will normally ride more harsh than stock

depends what condition your current truck is. If it hasn't given any issues and u know it's been serviced, well maintained and headache free I would bag your current truck. U don't have to lay frame but can get pretty close.

****Just because it's a new truck doesn't mean it won't have issues****

What year is your current truck? Any mods done so far besides 4/7? What setup do you have to get 4/7?

It really seems you have already made up your mind, citing that you have until a dealer finds a truck for you...gotta pay to play. Lowered vehicles rarely ride great, unless you dump money into them, and no, the ride of a typical 4/7 is not going to be luxurious.

My 6.5/8 doesn't ride "horrible" it is extremely stiff compared to stock and rides like trash compared to our 2012 prius or 2007 suburban but when I haven't driven it in a few days I miss it because I hate bouncy suspension. Its all in personal opinion I do give up a lot of ride for the look I want but it still rides just as good or better than most of the half way done right lowered trucks around here that are only 2/4 or even 4/6.... bagged rides like a dream if setup right but most people don't ever do them right like brett has his RCSB. The whole reason I plan to BD my truck and then do coilovers is because I want a extremely low truck that rides just like most nice sports cars and handles amazing. It can be done but unless your willing to pay like Jared said....

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2