Hunters Front Mount Turbo Build

Lol yea im still in the mist of getting all the parts together but i will get some pics up soon of the gauges and pod. Will take plenty of pictures during the whole build process.

Alright, throwing this out there.

I'll send you 16 bags of skittles, 3 jolly ranchers, and a $5 for all the parts. Sound fair?

Shitty lighting but oh well just mounted for now waiting for some wires to come in gonna get AF guage in bottom slot and wideband on the corner of the door

Just an update took off my spacers gonna take the leveling kit off and throw the drop shackles, looking for either tbss reps in 22's or the gmc 22's

Well just an update im at about 1900 into the build, still have to get wastegate,BOV, oil feed and return and a couple little things to actually get it up and running.
Kyle said he should have my pipes shipped by next week so we will see.
My tranny guy is getting me together stuff for the 80e swap.

A few tips you might need. Buy a quality wastegate, dont skimp on that. Overboosting is a big problem I know a lot about. AEM makes a good AFR gauge, and thats something you will surely need to monitor, along with knock retard. You wont be able to make any boost safely until you upgrade injectors, so I wouldnt even bolt the kit on until you have ALL the parts for the build. When it comes to tuning, that is the most important thing. People want to bitch and complain about how much tuners charge for their work, but in all reality, its the most important part of the build. Trust me, spend the money on a GOOD tuner, not someone who you doubt in anyway of their ability to tune your truck and what it has done to it. Any questions, just ask me. I'll do my best to help.

Yes im looking into Tial for both wastegate and BOV, do you honestly think i will need injectors for only 6psi? Im either heading to nelson or getting a guy i know in DFW to tune with HPT. Im still gathering a LOT of parts.

Yes im looking into Tial for both wastegate and BOV, do you honestly think i will need injectors for only 6psi? Im either heading to nelson or getting a guy i know in DFW to tune with HPT. Im still gathering a LOT of parts.

Yes, you will surely need injectors for any amount of PSI. You never want an injector to run at over 80% duty cycle, and your stock injectors are most probably 34lb if its a flex fuel truck, 28lb if it not. That is no where near big enough. Do a google search on Brake Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC). Take the time to learn about forced induction, tuning, injectors, ect. It will save you a lot of downtime, money, and heartache in the long run. Theres a lot more wiggle room for error in a naturally aspirated engine then there is in something making boost.

As for tuning, not to say your buddy doesnt know what hes doing, but go to someone who has tuned something like your set up already. If you can make the drive, I would recommend Geoff Skinner at EPS in Baton Rouge, LA. He is the one who tunes my truck, and has tuned MANY vehicles well past the power level I'll end up making. The white truck and the SC Vette both have EPS cams and have been tuned by Geoff.

900hp GT-R hits the STREETS - TX2K13 Texas Streets - YouTube

Updates?
I keep saying I'm gonna do something like this, but never end up doing anything...

Glad to see ya made it over, now post pics of the rcsb :drool:

And IIRC, he sold off all his parts for this article few months back.