Huck's 2006 Sierra Crew

Ditch BL lower 0/2 gmc 17s highway tires. There you go mileage to the max as long as u drive like a granny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What it boils down to is that it's a truck. Trucks just don't get great mileage. Like others have said, I don't think your height really has much to do with it. Weight on the other hand makes much more of a difference. The only height adjustment that may amount to any change is the BL. If you remove it, your removing weight. Just get some lighter tires/wheels and roll. I easily do 400 a week and the truck is literally all we drive when we go somewhere. Yea, it may suck to fill up all the time, but it is what it is. Factor it into your expenses and just cut back elsewhere. I would much rather pay for an extra tank of gas each month than demod my truck to the point that I'm not happy with it anymore.

As always, it's your truck, so do what you feel is best, but don't expect to gain 5-10mpg just cause you lowered it some and changed tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

He has stock efans, it's an 06.

I'm with everyone who is saying return to stock and get lighter tires and just drive it.

I've never really been one to keep up with my mpgs but I do know when I went to pick up this 06 hood and grille in Lowell AR (249 miles 1 way), I used just over a tank of gas for the whole trip. About 510 miles from my house to CMC and back. That's really close to 20 mpgs and my truck still wasn't tuned for my lt's. May have a lot to do with only being 2" off the ground but I'm just saying, I do think height makes a difference at some point. :shrug:

Also, if he is gonna go back to stock, why not go 2/4? It wouldn't costs much at all and he won't have to be riding in a stock truck lol. Not sure about yall but I hate stock shit.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I've never really been one to keep up with my mpgs but I do know when I went to pick up this 06 hood and grille in Lowell AR (249 miles 1 way), I used just over a tank of gas for the whole trip. About 510 miles from my house to CMC and back. That's really close to 20 mpgs and my truck still wasn't tuned for my lt's. May have a lot to do with only being 2" off the ground but I'm just saying, I do think height makes a difference at some point. :shrug:

Also, if he is gonna go back to stock, why not go 2/4? It wouldn't costs much at all and he won't have to be riding in a stock truck lol. Not sure about yall but I hate stock shit.

throwing a brick through the air doesnt matter if its 10 foot off the ground or 2 foot off the ground its still a brick through the air.

you benifit from no longer having CV's and the whole front driveline spinning, and light as hell wheels and tires.

still wasn't tuned for my lt's. May have a lot to do with only being 2" off the ground but I'm just saying, I do think height makes a difference at some point. :shrug:

From leveled with a bl to 2/4 won't make much difference, you probably do see areo benefits because you are so low like you said. But my 04 with a clutch fan still got 17 pretty regularly with 4.10s at stock height.

Thank you, finally. This is what I'm saying. I don't wanna be stock and boring, especially because it literally costs no extra to go low.

I'm not saying aero will net me 10mpgs, I'm not saying removing the CVs and shaft will net 10mpgs. But doing all of that and light tires should net me an extra 8-9mpgs combined.

Sent from a dingleberry

You're only gonna be saving a couple hundred dollars a month with going low versus enjoying the truck as is

I doubt that you'll see an 8mpg gain

A couple hundred a month makes a big difference right now. I'm not exactly making bank. And considering I've seen 21 already, I bet I will.

Posted the wheels and tires up on a barter page to see what I get offered

Sent from a dingleberry

I'm jelly of half 21mpg lol I understand tho man, gotta do whatcha gotta do

A couple hundred dollars a month goes a long fucking way when you have kids lol.