Huck's 2006 Sierra Crew

I'm still being lazy as fuck and haven't even got to work on my retrofit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing new. Went for a drive almost to TN and back today to clear my head. Found some epic roads, wished I was in one of my mustangs. Found a pretty cool spot and took some pics

16e3524549ebd789c7d022730969055d.jpg

725dc256834360f947296e56f1b21777.jpg

39e7fcb8382981de01a56087e0817bc4.jpg

4fa3a397d7c02418d65a7214c9c9a94b.jpg

Sent from Tapatwat

you said you drove almost to TN to clear your head. I got excited and thought it was gonna say to clear your headlights :fp:

i hope all is well man

Last edited:
you said you drove almost to TN to clear your head. I got excited and thought it was gonna say to clear your headlights :fp:

i hope all is well man

Lol still contemplating that. Life sucks ATM but it'll get better

Sent from Tapatwat

Coming back to TN for an interview tomorrow epper:

Anyways, had jury duty today but didn't get picked so got home around lunch time and did some small things. CM'd the shark fin and redid the grille emblem with actual paint this time instead of plasti. Was gonna paint the bed rails and tailgate spoiler semi gloss black bit couldn't get them off easily so said fuck it and just VRT'd them.

3cd6a787129d784edc43e13af2115960.jpg

Also rotated my tires, and Greg must've been nearby cuz I broke 2 studs on my right front spacer :flamethrower: So now I'm back to skinny status. Had to take off my helper bag mounts to clear in the rear. Gonna rock it like this probably through the winter (if I can stand it). Depending on job situation, I'd like to get wheels. Was gonna do AMPs but would rather have 20x10s and not have spacers
4126e41563d43859a7327d153f3407dd.jpg

01a3daaef41f0c1009e2563019ccd368.jpg

Sent from Tapatwat

Yeah I know. Gonna press the broken ones out and see how the aluminum looks. I don't think these were actually splined cuz there's been a couple times when torquing them that they'd spin too much and then finally catch. So I think they just drilled holes and pressed in the studs to cut the splines. If the splines looks shitty I'm just gonna throw them out and either buy wheels or BORA spacers

Sent from Tapatwat

Just get a replacement Bora spacer and done. No hard work lol

Sent from my iShit using Tapafuck

These aren't bora tho and I don't trust the rest of them now. They've been on there a year and a half with a couple times of tire shops running the lugs down with an impact. So I'm leary to say the least

Sent from Tapatwat

Yeah I know. Gonna press the broken ones out and see how the aluminum looks. I don't think these were actually splined cuz there's been a couple times when torquing them that they'd spin too much and then finally catch. So I think they just drilled holes and pressed in the studs to cut the splines. If the splines looks shitty I'm just gonna throw them out and either buy wheels or BORA spacers

Sent from Tapatwat

just pound the stud out. I've broken a ton of studs on mine lol.

I wouldn't worry about it much, just install new studs or buy one new spacer. Studs are not super hard bolts so they do break instead of never being able to remove the wheel.

Was looking at wheels real hard the last couple days cuz I hate the way my truck sits now with the wheels tucked up in the fenders and I'd really like to not use spacers if possible. May still replace all my studs and use them with the new wheels if I decide I want more stance, but for now gonna try with no spacers.

Anyways, decided to wait on ordering wheels, we're supposed to get our bonus sometime next week plus if I order them now they'll just get caught up in all the holiday delays. Sooo...it'll happen soon, just gotta decide which ones. I love both the Methods and the Moto 976s. I'm leaning toward the Methods since they're cleared, I feel like they'd hold up better and I'm just leery of aftermarket chrome. Anybody have experience with Moto's or anybody else's PVD finish? I also kinda like the contrast of the machined Methods against the white.

Opinions? The Moto's are about $300 more. Thinking about running spiked lugs too

Methods on a white truck for reference, and of course I love them on Matt's truck
7eEL2sV.jpg

cc06a96b4662f32b81dbc6921f1e2c8c.jpg

And the Moto's against a white truck

I originally fell in love with those the first time I saw em, but I feel like they look better against a dark truck. It's almost just too much bright with all the white, ya know? I really do like them equally, and there's only one truck around here with the Motos. Never seen Method's in person. Leaning toward the methods for durability and price point mainly.

Completely agree on Methods look best against darker colors. Methods would be great for upkeep and durability. I might be the only one here, but those Motos look like pure shit to me.