Huck’s 1985 C10

Huck

GSU Eagle
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
I wanted to clean/paint the chassis and raptor line the bottom of the bedline the bottom of the bed during all this but didn't have enough time. We were crunching to get it done for C10 Fall Revival last October so I just degreased/pressure washed everything while it was apart.

IMG_3999.JPG

Look right where the floor/front bed panel/bedside meet. See the slice? Turns out, when they cut my bed down, they cut it somewhere between 1/4" - 3/8" too short :rage: So I went to hang the bedside (which ain't no fuckin picnic by yourself) and it wouldn't go on. So I sliced the little recess in the bedside where the floor sits to let it poke through. Since it's our prototype, I wasn't allowed to modify the floor. It really didn't take much, so I'm gonna make a small patch, weld it to the front bed panel and once it's lined inside, you'll never be able to tell unless I point it out.
IMG_3982.JPG

IMG_3987.JPG
IMG_3985.JPG

Huck

GSU Eagle
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Other than that minor hiccup though, it went back together fairly smooth. Took me about 3 days after work.
IMG_3984.JPG

IMG_3988.JPG
IMG_3997.JPG

All back together. I love how factory it looks, a lot of people don't even realize it (even with the floor being black). The plan eventually is to bed line inside with a dark blue liner to go with the factory dark blue stripe. I wanted to do something other than black but also dark enough that it won't keep me from using it as a truck. I'll probably bedline the toolbox while I'm at it cuz that chrome sucks when you're driving around with no bed cover on it lol
IMG_4008.JPG
IMG_4263.JPG

Huck

GSU Eagle
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
So that was in October, around Xmas Holley had their bed mats on sale, so I scooped one of those and trimmed it to fit. This is a SUPER nice, HEAVY mat. Well worth $100
IMG_5367.JPG
IMG_5372.JPG