Status
Not open for further replies.

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Ok. So Heres my write up on Installing e-fans on an OBS with a clutch fan.

39e2c5d3.jpg

First i drained my fluid

43f54093.jpg

Now take off the shroud and get ready to remove the fan.

ac97821e.jpg

I used a big crescent and a rubber mallet while a ratchet strap held the fan from spinning. Took a few hits to knock it loose. Once its removed, remove the hoses on the radiator and removed the radiator.

Here is a pic with radiator and clutch fan removed

6e98aee0.jpg

Lined up the fans and the new radiator away from the truck to test fit and size it.

f137fb78.jpg

I placed my new radiator in and re attached all the lines.

Once re attached i placed my LS1 fans in the lower tray and leaned the fans up against the radiator and centered them. After that i thankfully had holes already in the top of the radiator that worked out PERFECT. See below

19290b2f.jpg

Here you can see how/where its attached.
9f47778d.jpg

At this point i needed a 5/16 square drive socket/wrench to be able to remove the plug in the passenger side block where the thermometer will go for my e-fans harness.

I continued install down below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ginger

Moore

Feb 12, 2012
Maryland
Would efan swap be possible without removing rad? And when you say you needed to put the thermometer in, was that already a part of the harness? Also Im pretty sure you answered this one, but will it be just fine with those two bolts holding it on, or do you have another somewhere out of sight?

SamCarroll

Faux Runner
Staff member
Jan 25, 2011
Northern California
Would efan swap be possible without removing rad? And when you say you needed to put the thermometer in, was that already a part of the harness? Also Im pretty sure you answered this one, but will it be just fine with those two bolts holding it on, or do you have another somewhere out of sight?
i only removed the radiator because i was replacing it as it was.

Heres the harness i got.

JEGS Performance Products 10571 JEGS Electric Fan Wiring Harness Kits

those two bolts will hold the fan nicely. the bottom sits into the cup/valley of the radiator.

Just remember when you go to do the plug, its a water jacket so you need to empty the cooling system.

Moore

Feb 12, 2012
Maryland
i only removed the radiator because i was replacing it as it was.

Heres the harness i got.

JEGS Performance Products 10571 JEGS Electric Fan Wiring Harness Kits

those two bolts will hold the fan nicely. the bottom sits into the cup/valley of the radiator.

Just remember when you go to do the plug, its a water jacket so you need to empty the cooling system.
Oh so you're saying regardless of if I remove the rad or not, I have to drain it? Because that's the only reason I was asking lol

Status
Not open for further replies.