How-To: NNBS Seats

CUB

Jan 2, 2011
Shreveport, LA
Snagged some leathers on here that came off a Tahoe so i put them in and i love them so far...that cloth is gay, and stained with sweat and water etc.

Thought i'd take some pics just to make it easier for anyone else attempting this in the future.

Start with your ugly old cloth bullshit...
4 inverted torx bolts release the seats and a T-45 releases the seatbelt bolt...
NewestUpload001.jpg

Pop this panel to see the seatbelt bolt
NewestUpload002.jpg

Start at the back...you must pull the plastic panel off...i dont know how EC/CC backs look but RC have solid plastic piece, no fancy magazine holders etc..
I just pushed it down to release these 2 top clips
NewestUpload003.jpg

NewestUpload004.jpg

Slide le screwdriver in the slot and pull back on plastic to help you see the remaining clips...a little wiggling and they should pop right off and the panel will come loose.
NewestUpload005.jpg

I dont have headrests so you're gonna want to pull those off...stick something in this little hole and push them up and off..
NewestUpload006.jpg

NewestUpload007.jpg

Next is pulling the headrest mounts out...fuck these guys..1st one came out fine on both seats but the 2nd one was hell...squeeze with pliers and cuss for about 5 minutes and they will pop free through the top of the seat
NewestUpload008.jpg

NewestUpload009.jpg

Back panel open
NewestUpload010.jpg

Make sure to unclip these bad boys which are under the seat where the top and bottom meet...
Unclip all your top seats clips and pull it out a little.
Here is just got all the sides loose and take it off the shoudlers etc..
NewestUpload012.jpg

Have fun with these orange devils...dont rip them with your big fingers or your new cover wont snap in...gently pry them apart to release the blue plastic.
NewestUpload013.jpg

Say bye to cloth
NewestUpload014.jpg

New shit
NewestUpload015.jpg

Flip seat upside down to start on bottom now
NewestUpload016.jpg

Screwdriver or any tool can be used to help pull these bottom clips off...i did the 2 sides and the front and then pulled seat cover off then pull the back part off cuz it was too tight for me to pull off at first..
NewestUpload017.jpg

Got the 2 sides and front first
NewestUpload018.jpg

Then got the last one and pulled the shit off
NewestUpload019.jpg

Get your new shit and put it inside out...start clipping in the little orange clips
NewestUpload020.jpg

Once you clip em all pull the back clip through the seat and then clip all bottom clips etc
Make it nice and tight, punch out any wrinkles and work it till you like it...
NewestUpload021.jpg

Same with top, start inside out
NewestUpload022.jpg

Have more fun with orange clips
NewestUpload023.jpg

Last edited:
Work your way up, snap all orange clips in and then start to work the shoulders
NewestUpload024.jpg

Get it over the shoulders and snap clips back on...**Might need someone to sit on cushion or push the foam in and compress it to help you snap some clips in**
NewestUpload025.jpg

Put mounts back in
NewestUpload026.jpg

Attach black plastic back on
NewestUpload027.jpg

Enjoy your fancy, rich people seats
NewestUpload028.jpg

Im about to clean and condition them so hopefully they'll soften up some...

Hope this helps...and yes i know i have a lot of air fresheners, go fuck yourself.. :bird:

What's up with all the air fresheners? I keed I keed. Good write up man :shake:

Last edited:
Forreal. All 3 other cars we have are leather and I hate them. My old suburban was cloth and after I sold it I swore I would always have cloth... leather is sticky, hot, and just nasty to me and so cold and hard during winter...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2

I'm from Texas and never burn my ass on leather. You must drive butt ass naked. Also leather cleans up way better than cloth and if you take care of it it will stay soft.

Well my gfs mustang has black leather and yeah it looks good but when you sit down in the summer it will scorch you... just saying I prefer my cloth over all the leather cars we've owned...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2