Important!: How To: Fix Yoke Clunk by Clamping Leaf Springs

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
maybe coil compressors :lol:

:hahano:

What about people with Avalanches or Tahoe/Suburban with rear coils?
My burb has rear coils and I get the yoke clunk every so often. I just grease the shit out of my slip yoke when it starts clunking, and then it stops for about 6 months or so then the clunk comes back.

Then I believe your only options are to either grease it like you already do or ge the updated part from GM.

Grohe

Jun 12, 2012
Was starting to REALLY notice this on my 04 ECSB that I picked up 2 months ago. Will give this a try.

GR$$N$

Super Moderator
Mar 13, 2012
southern cali
What about people with Avalanches or Tahoe/Suburban with rear coils?
My burb has rear coils and I get the yoke clunk every so often. I just grease the shit out of my slip yoke when it starts clunking, and then it stops for about 6 months or so then the clunk comes back.

you need to use the actual gm grease. its a bit pricey at first but my clunk was bad and i put that on about a year ago and havnt heard anything since

mcdoolie

No Speeky Engleesh
Apr 9, 2013
Houston
I only here the clunk when I'm parked up against some thing or forget to set the e brake when on a hill

TylerM

Sep 27, 2014
Dallas
So it goes in front of the rear axle? That last picture says visual from the rear which would make it behind..

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I meant visual distance from rear end, sorry for not being clear. Like Tony said, they go in front of the axle.