Hot air on driver cold air on passanger

Reit38

Jan 23, 2014
So the other day i noticed the fan on 1 &2 barely seemed to be blowing any air. Today while driving (95*+ day) the driver side started blowing hot air while the passanger was still getting ice cole AC.

What do i need to look for when trying to figure out whats going on not a good time for AC not to be working

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Yup. It's one of the blend door actuators for sure. Had the same EXACT thing happen on my 05. I don't remember which door does what but there's 3 of them. I ended up doing all 3 at once cuz the one that failed was up in the dash and I didn't wanna rip it all apart ever again. But if you google your year and model truck and "blend door actuator" you'll find some threads and schematics on it that will help. They're not cheap (about $50/ea IIRC) but just do all of them at once and be done with it IMO

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
My dads 04 has the same issue. If he cuts the truck off then back on, it'll blow cold for 20 mins then back to hot as fuck.

Oct 16, 2011
SoCal
remove batt and hope it resets itself. if you've got the digital climate controls, theres a reset procedure...gonna have to google it

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Extremely common failure. However to me, it sounds in your description like you have 2 issues.

First being a blend door is bad

second being your having a ac issue too. When it blows cold, does iot blow perfectly cold on driver side, and super hot on passenger side all the time?

Reit38

Jan 23, 2014
Actually you have the sides switched. Today i drove it for about 10mins to work, when i turned the AC on to see if it worked, the light flashed twice i think then stayed on and all the vents blew cold air.