HID help please

Phobia

Nov 26, 2013
KCMO
I will start off by answering the basic ?'s Here's my setup.....

1) 6K Hid's (they are just a "house" brand from a company I deal with at work. Probably comparable to DDM. I have sold many of these kits to others and used many sets myself with no issues)

2) ********hids relay harness.

3) JatronX voltage relay

I just installed these Hid's in my truck this past Saturday. Got everything wired up, and everything worked. However, when I plugged in the JatronX, they would not work. So I just used the standard relay that came with the harness from ******** for the time being. I figured they could have a burn in period for a few days while I figure out the Jatronx. Today, when I pulled into the driveway, I noticed the hid's weren't on (hadn't pulled the DRL fuses yet). So I kick the headlight switch and nothing happens. I checked all the fuses (that I'm aware of), grounds look good, and the connections look good. I do not believe either both bulbs or both ballasts failed at the same time. Did a little more research on the JatronX, and from what I gathered, I swapped the 85 & 86 pins in the harness connector. I then plugged in the JatronX, and still nothing. I'm probably gonna piss some people off the in morning driving with my hi's on lol. So..

A) for those with the JatronX, how to you wire them to get the to work?

B) does anybody else have any suggestions as to what could be wrong. Even though I'm not an electrical guru by any means, I am stumped

Thank you for any advice

get volt meter and check that you have power and ground in all the right spots at the relay, also take the 30 and 87 pins out of the relay harness and use some wire to jump them. if the lights work then the relay is the issue, if they don't work ballasts are most likely issue.

I have no relays as well, and all my original equipment still works, about 5 years old now, with the exception of the 1 fog bulb that broke when something hit and broke my whole light

Sent from pasta.

Well, I can only assume it was a bad wire within the relay harness itself. I triple checked any and all fuses pertaining to the headlights, connections, grounds, etc. I tried new grounding points, tried every possible way to switch connectors around to reverse polarity and I tried a few bosch relays I had sitting around. Still nothing. So I just took the relay harness out and just plugged in the hid's without the harness. They work fine so far. Will try building my own harness cuz I'd really like to run that JatronX relay I paid $30 for. Thanks for all the replies

auto on takes 2 seconds homo.

I cut a piece of wire out of an old fluorescent fixture and rammed it into the pins. done.