Helper bag (helpers) discussion thread

I think what I will do is buy a $30 air tank, fill it up, and throw it in the bed! Then run helpers with hookup somewhere. I really do want to bag, but dont want to pay all that money, and then decide not to. Or sell the truck before it happens, but I am also leaning toward the kit bgray got.

I think what I will do is buy a $30 air tank, fill it up, and throw it in the bed! Then run helpers with hookup somewhere. I really do want to bag, but dont want to pay all that money, and then decide not to. Or sell the truck before it happens, but I am also leaning toward the kit bgray got.

Yeah I gotcha. That wireless one kit seems pretty reasonable, and im sure you could sell it for around half of what you paid if you get rid of it to upgrade to air-ride. Just adding another option to the thread.

Hell yea, guess my plan now is gonna be to get just the helpers and start piecing the rest together for a badass setup similar to peytons

I just read through this thread. I'm working on piecing together a helper bag setup too.
So far I have a 3 gallon tank, viair 380c, and I will be running a set of air horns and helper bags for my lifted truck.

Where do you guys recommend as the cheapest place to buy valves to fill and dump the bags? and what size?
Where can I find a nnbs escalade shifter to buy as well, would really like to hook it up to control the bag valves for a clean, factory looking setup.
I'm pretty good at wiring, but can't seem to find those shifters for sale anywhere

My setup works great..i just pulled around my big enclosed for a few days, loaded to the tits. Through 65psi in the bags, and it worked great, truck sat higher with the trailer then it does DD status. If i had to do it all over again, I would use the same kit from Airlift...works great. Notch and bracket wise, MCG setup would rule all for ease of BS

MCG notch...MCG bags...Airlift kit. For towing purpose and for load support for a lowered trucks its perfect. Getting tanks, valves, switches, solenoids and gauges etc is total overkill if your never gonna use those parts for anything beside load support. If your gonna bag the truck in the future, then it makes perfect sense.

Thanks, I will start getting prices, although I have discussed bags, and really want to, I don't think it's wise or in the budget right now, maybe in a year or two, but even then, who knows. Maybe when the truck presents more issues and I don't want to DD it anymore

Brandon have pics of yours? Looking at an AirLift 25592 for my setup. Wondering what the difference is, as I don't really understand the wireless stuff, just need it in the truck.

Sorry james, i didn't see you questions

That is the basic kit with manual gauge and dump that exhaust into cab behind gauge. Nothing wrong with that, but you gotta run a air line and electrical into cab then mount gauge. The wireless kits have a Power and ground wire, thats it. Super easy install, hardest part is finding a place to tuck it into the frame.

Mine sits on the rear trans cross-member in a little pocket area

Both wireless setups work great, have used 2 wireless air's and 1 wireless one kits withing this year...all work great. Personally, I like the Cheaper wireless 1 setup cause the remotes smaller and easier to operate, and the compressor is more compact. However, Compressor is a cheaper unit, unlike the wireless air kit which is a legit compressor.

ok guys, bumping this back up...gotta start getting my shit together.

I love the socal diesel pod, but they are discontinued. And a bit expensive....what gauges are you running? Do they illuminate? How? I want mine up in the overhead console as I don't use that one.

Have you seen the one from TTS?

TTS Power Systems

pic1.jpg