Newyorkjets00

May 26, 2013
Getting a 07 sierra reg cab short bed soon its stock and 22s, sits extremely high even asked him if it was lifted. I work at a apt complex so go over speed bumps a lot, I know the bumper sits lower than the rest of the truck so worried about hitting it. I had a ford lightning before it had a 3/5 drop I think and didn't hit the front but the tranny pan did get smashed.. I believe the frame sticks down lower on them though. So what drop would you recommend for me? Here are a couple pics of the truck and my old one for reference , thanks and hopefully will be posting a lot here!
ypana8ab.jpg

a2uqede7.jpg

vybyjery.jpg

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Wow, it does almost look like it has a leveling kit on the front.

Definitely go 4/6 or 4/7 on the 22's and you should be good. I'll see if I can find some pics.

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
4/7 with 22's
qapu9yqu.jpg

4/7 with 22's
rare6epu.jpg

4/6 with 20's
dazypery.jpg

Not sure the specs but Col 10 on here use to own it..
ysyju4yr.jpg

Newyorkjets00

May 26, 2013
Yah I'm worried about that lower valence it sticks down further than the sides of the truck, not sure how the speed bumps will treat it.

velzga

Frame Bangin'
Mar 21, 2013
Ft Worth, Tx
4/6 or 4/7 would be your best best to daily and not have any problems, and it def looks like you have a leveling kit on the front

Newyorkjets00

May 26, 2013
Now the guys talking crazy because I asked him about the drop, I'm going to look at a stock 2010 silverado as well. What's the difference in the hd front end vs stock front end? Bigger bumper I know..

Last edited:

Robg91z

May 6, 2013
Laredo, TX
i just did a 2 in rear shackles and im gonna hopefully purchase soon some 2 in front drop spindles for my crew cab and then try to lower the rear a bit more to give it a nice clean stance but i dnt really wanna do the flip kit on it so i will probably just remove the block on the leafs springs or just move it to the top, id say a 4/6 would do good and you shouldnt have problems then again you can still go 3/5 which also looks good

JoshRA

Mar 30, 2012
DFW, Texas
It all depends on the stance you want. If you want to go low but keep all driveability then do 4/7. These trucks sit up really high from the factory and takes alot to lower them to the ground. 4/7 also is going to be less work with just doing the flipkit versus doing drop shackles, drop hangers, and maybe removing the block to get around 5" of drop. Its your truck if you get it so you're going to do what you want. Were just giving your our opinions like you asked for.

Newyorkjets00

May 26, 2013
It all depends on the stance you want. If you want to go low but keep all driveability then do 4/7. These trucks sit up really high from the factory and takes alot to lower them to the ground. 4/7 also is going to be less work with just doing the flipkit versus doing drop shackles, drop hangers, and maybe removing the block to get around 5" of drop. Its your truck if you get it so you're going to do what you want. Were just giving your our opinions like you asked for.

The 4/7 will be less work than a flip kit? I'm i was going to go that way and do a little at a time what should I start with and then need to add to get to 4/7? Thanks

QuicksilverZ71

Feb 21, 2013
Thanks that looks perfect! What did you use to lower it in the kit? Did the lift hangers or helper bags change the drop?

I added a lift hanger to make it a 4/6. The helper bags are just for towing and have 20 or so psi in them at all times. They do not start to raise the truck until 30 psi or so.