Fastnloud5.3

Rustbucket
Jan 22, 2015
Mitten
99 nbs. When it first shifted i got service 4wd light amd no lights on the switch. I shut the truck off and started it again, 4lo light is on and the tcase is in 4lo. I push the 2hi button, it flashes, i hear the encoder motor try to make the switch twice but it fails every time. Its my dd and I need to get to work in the moring. How can i get it back in 2 or atleast in 4 so i can atleast drive it tomorrow and work on it after work?

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
From the DMax forum: Push button 4WD to neutral - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

I know I have seen this question asked a couple of times but don't think I ever saw an answer, so I thought I would share this. I was messing around tonight and shifted into 4LO to see how it would shift and handle (I was thinking of doing a truck pull and have never put the truck in 4LO). I must have shifted the t-case to many times and put it in lockout because it wouldn't let me shift out of 4LO. This will not allow you to shift it for up to 3 min according to the manual. I got the manual out and started reading and came across how to put it in neutral as well. Here are the steps:

1. Start the truck or turn the key to RUN

2. Set the park brake

3. Put the transmission in Neutral

4. Hold the 2HI ad 4LO buttons at the same time for aproximately 10 seconds (The red neutral light will come on when it's in neutral)

5. Shift the transmission into Reverse for 1 second

6. Shift the transmission into Drive for 1 second

7. Shift the transmission into Park

Now your transfer case should be in neutral. To Shift out of neutral follow these steps:

1. Set the park brake if not already set

2. Shift the transmission into Neutral

3. Push 2HI, 4HI, or 4LO and wait for the light to stop blinking

4. Shift the transmission into park

5. Release the parking brake

Now you should be ready to go again.

This should do it. I remember having to do it on mine, just couldn't remember specifics.

Fastnloud5.3

Rustbucket
Jan 22, 2015
Mitten
Got it! Thanks guys. How hard is it to go to manual? Obviously it requires cutting my floor but Im not afraid of that. But what else goes along with it? Tcase swap or?

Fastnloud5.3

Rustbucket
Jan 22, 2015
Mitten
Pulled fuse for a couple hours probaby didnt need to leave it out that long but i noticed a tire was low and after that just got side tract.

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
SWEET. Just wanted to confirm how you fixed it so we have the answer if anyone's looking for it lol.

Gotta build up our tech around here :cheeky: