Help please! i made a big whooops

BradRios

Jul 12, 2013
I need talks help pretty bad. Do I started my led. Cluster. Swap an everything went fine at first. I took every precaution I could an still came up Donald big problem. I of course marked my needles but after I assembled the cluster an installed it my gauges are off. Fuel isn't marking right my speedometer is off. I'm freaking out you guys please somebody direct me on how to fix this!

I hope you took a picture before you uninstalled them!

Turn truck onto ACC, then install gauges. that's how i did mine.

Before marking your needles you should have bottomed them out to the left. Mark that position and move the clock motors back all the way to the left and then put the needles on pointing to the right spot when reinstalling.

Now you have to roughly estimate where the far left position is and then pop the needles in all the way.

Sent from my igloo using my SGS4 eh.

Last edited:
So now all I have to do is take the cluster back off an move all the needles all the way to the left

here is the best way.

for the speedo, put the cluster in with the needles off. start the truck, then put the speedo needle in, pointed at 0.

for fuel, go to the gas station, fill it up and put the needle to the full spot.

i have a scanguageII so for water temp and oil pressure i used that to tell me where to put them when it was running.

Listen to the last two comments from Ginger and Bgray. That's how I did mine. with truck in park and running, Full tank, put needle on at full. tachometer, put needle at 500 or 600 wherever your truck runs when warm at idle. wait for the engine to fully warm up too, then put temp where it normally runs, mines around 190 when fully warm, and put oil pressure about 40 is where mines runs at idle, sometimes a little higher like 45.

When I do them, I rotate the needles all the way to the left and then mark the positions before popping them off.
But do like suggested above. The speedo will be a pain, keep checking it with a Garmin GPS. Get on the hwy and set the cruise control and see what speed the GPS says you are going and compare that to the speedometer. Pull over and adjust the needle then go for another drive and check it again. Keep adjusting it until you get it right. Check it at 35 mph, about 50 mph, and then again about 75-80 to make sure its right.

Thanks you guys, i will def try it an hopefully get it right. Oh Scott btw I'm sending you the rest of my interior to finish up lol jst give me a estimated date where you will have free time to do It and also if i will have the cash.