static06

May 26, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
Sooooo it's been too long that I've gone without having any bump in the truck. I used to have a pair of Kicker CVX's that I LOVED but one of them burnt out so I'm on the hunt for some subs. Box is a probox and won't be changing it out anytime soon. Amp is an Elemental Designs nine.1 monoblock.

I have been looking at the JL Audio W3 but idk if it'll fit. Buddy told me about Diamond Audio but I've never heard of them and he praises them, plus they're cheap.

Help!

Budget is 300 give or take

Edit: found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/SD-2-10D2-S...oofers_Enclosures&hash=item1e695b3ae9&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Well, if you go to GMFS all you will get is dumbshit telling you how Sundown is the best EVAR.

Good subs, I ran one, just wouldn't work for my application, but I would run it over JL for the price. JL is nice, but too damn much.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
That sub goes for $150 all day long, buy direct dude, don't deal with bullshit online vendors! Go with an authorized dealer, I am glad I did, because when my shit blew it was a pain enough as it was dealing with Sundown's customer service. Those motherfuckers made all sorts of mistakes and excuses.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
Sub wasn't crap, cone busted from either too much excursion or something. Plenty people like sundown, not gonna bash that, but dumb dumb on gmfs is annoying, and I had issues with their customer service.

linden

Mar 30, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
ive had great luck with mmats and digital design but skar audio has recently caught my interest after hearing them in a buddies truck

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Yeah, the excursion on the sundowns are crazy, I'd run two SD2 10s if you have the space for them.

linden

Mar 30, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
for warranty mmats is amazing i sent my 18s in they rebuilt them sent them back. their office is located in jupiter fl and easy to get a hold of

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
I have some friends that run sundown and have some bamf setups, I plan on running a sundown sa8 v2 in a box built inside the center console, like bgray and a few others have done, as soon as the wallet allows

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
I'll be running two SD2 8s and a SAE-1000D in the crew once taxes come back. Can't wait to get some bass in this truck.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
slims will never compare to others, so if you want good bass you need a good sub, slims will not be what you want, slims are easier for me, so I am going that route this time I think. I do not want a center console box

Doug

Nov 12, 2012
I have a pair of sd-2 12's in my truck and I love em. If you have the room look into skar vvx's or sundown sa's

static06

May 26, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
I have a 12" jlw6, love it! But its pricey.
Had a 10" w6 in my old car and did a damn good job of hitting

slims will never compare to others, so if you want good bass you need a good sub, slims will not be what you want, slims are easier for me, so I am going that route this time I think. I do not want a center console box
Only thing I'm worried about is the height of the non-slim sub. If it;s roughly the same compared to a cvx then I will order today

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
do yourself a favor and research, and spend time on this, rather than rushing! Trust me on this one. Nothing worse than listening two a couple tards and then realizing your setup won't work correctly. I think that was part of my issue with the cone, there wasn't enough space between the floor and sub and it may have hit and ripped. But it was off the ground as much as we could have gotten it, we recessed the sub, and used fiberglass to top the box off in order to save space and create a better contour. I could feel the sub's protrusion from the box when I sat in the seat, so it was up pretty high

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Excursion is the amount of travel the cone moves. Too much excursion and it will smack the back of your seats. I'm gonna make a custom down firing box so I don't have to worry about it.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I hope for your sake it works, but without lifting the seats I couldn't get mine to work. I needed at least another inch.