Heat doesn't work

slicksierra

Feel some type of way
Mar 8, 2012
Central Jersey
Hey guys just wanted to share my frustrations with you. I have been troubleshooting my heat today with no luck. My heat works but barely. I tried flushing the heater core to see if it is clogged. It wasn't. I tried to look for loose connections in the back on the controls or the HVAC area there were none. My A/C works amazingly just when I switch over to heat its luke warm. The problem is worse when I put it on defrost the air is pretty cold then. My coolant level is a little low but nothing bad. Im hoping its not a heater core but it seems to be going that way

On my dad's nbs, if the coolant is anywhere below the full mark, his heater doesn't work. He added maybe a half a coke bottle of water once and it started working again.

I refilled the coolant now it works on the upper vents heat is about 80% what is use to be, defrost and feet are still luke warm useless. But another interesting event, when I was messing around with it I selected defrost, it turned on, then the whole system shut off for about 5 seconds then came back on again. Wierd but maybe my problem is routed in the controls not the heater core :shrug:

Could be blend door actuators, shutting off could be blower resistor. On defrost it'll be a bit cooler, since it runs the AC.