Rjsk04

Oct 18, 2014
To add to my already bad day today I was in a hurry and got stopped for my pipes being too loud and got a ticket. The cop said he would drop the ticket if I put mufflers on my truck but I don't want to give up my straight pipes so I've started looking into e-cutouts. Right now I have true duals no mufflers/no cats with 5" flat tips turned out at 90s on my 04 5.3. All my trucks have always been straight piped so I have no experience with mufflers or cutouts. I'm not planning on putting cats on my truck so I need a muffler that's not too loud but I still want an aggressive sound.
If anyone has anything like this, what did you do? And how much do you have in it (mufflers, cutouts, labor)?

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Oh good lord idk how you stand it. I had straights on my 05 5.3 with cats and it was damn loud. Then the cats blew out and it was fucking stupid loud. Had 5" tips too lol. But to answer your question, SLP LM2s, Dynomax Bullets, Magnaflow Magnapacks 18", Borla XR1 are all straight through mufflers that should sound good with no cats

mike.

Jan 29, 2011
North Mississippi
Holy fuck at all the hicks around here in obs z71's with straights and buckshots.

I loved my dynomax bullet dumped on my old truck. It was just right.

Rjsk04

Oct 18, 2014
Thanks, you think a dynomax bullet would be too loud without cats to get by when I go to get the ticket dropped?

Rjsk04

Oct 18, 2014
Oh good lord idk how you stand it. I had straights on my 05 5.3 with cats and it was damn loud. Then the cats blew out and it was fucking stupid loud. Had 5" tips too lol. But to answer your question, SLP LM2s, Dynomax Bullets, Magnaflow Magnapacks 18", Borla XR1 are all straight through mufflers that should sound good with no cats

My first truck was a 03 2500hd 6.0 and I put long tube headers on it with no cats/mufflers with 5" tips hanging over the rearend pointing at the ground, it was absolutely too loud.

j.mo

Apr 24, 2012
Nor Cal
My truck sounded like the #88 car with my LT's and a bullet.
Yeeeeeehaaaawww motherfucker. Hold my beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rjsk04

Oct 18, 2014
My truck sounded like the #88 car with my LT's and a bullet.
Yeeeeeehaaaawww motherfucker. Hold my beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm leaning towards, the cop said I should get glasspacks so he can't be expecting me to put something too quiet on it.

Huck

BIIIIG SQRBDY GUY
Jan 27, 2011
Gainesville, Ga
Honestly, look into the SLP LM2s. They're at least *legally* quiet on most catless setups. I've heard some DOHC mustangs with no cats and LM2s and they were definitely within dB limits