yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
I have drums on all 4 on mine I wish I had disc up front
I thought I read that you had to run disc in the front. This is good news as I thought I had to do it all at once. Thinking about it again you're running stock wheels which should have clued me that you're running stock brakes.

lowlife08

Mar 28, 2012
I thought I read that you had to run disc in the front. This is good news as I thought I had to do it all at once. Thinking about it again you're running stock wheels which should have clued me that you're running stock brakes.

You might have the rims for disc brakes. I can’t remember for sure which year rims you gotta get to run them

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
You might have the rims for disc brakes. I can’t remember for sure which year rims you gotta get to run them
Only them 15s so I don't think they will fit. I am fine with running the drum brakes with that front end for the time being. I have limited funds to throw at it at anytime so doing things in stages is alright with me.

lowlife08

Mar 28, 2012
I can't remember, did you have any issues with the tranny or driveshaft tunnel and being able to lay out before? I honestly have no idea if mine was modified but people ask me all the time so I assume that it must have been.

Ya the shop that did mine the 1st time did a little tunnel just under the back seat. It needed to be bigger tho if I was driving low you would hear the drive shaft hit some times.

Rustlab is putting the pans above the frame so I won’t ever have to worry about them hitting anymore either

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
Did your replace gas tank or is there an issue with the residual leaded gas that is in there?

lowlife08

Mar 28, 2012
Did your replace gas tank or is there an issue with the residual leaded gas that is in there?

The stock gas tank is still there now. I don’t think I have to change it But they haven’t got to that point yet so I’m not sure

lowlife08

Mar 28, 2012
Originally they were just talking about running the stock tank with a external fuel pump

yates

Stock turd
Feb 8, 2012
IA
I would think the stock tank would be fine but I really have no idea if leaded fuel would mess with anything. My tank doesn't leak or anything but still leaning towards a new tank.