good alternator

juanr_08

Apr 2, 2012
whats a good alt and batteries to put on my truck....want to start gathering some audio stuff

I got talked into it and broke down and bought one,but i really needed it
DC Inc
270 xp
I mean how big you planning,2 12s down fire with a nice little amp? 500-600 watts will be fine on stock alternator bro dude

he asked...I gave info...nothing wrong with the one he has, but instead of spending $400+ on an aftermarket, he could run two oem's...other than that he don't need one, unless he just wanted to step up to like an 145a

An '05 alt will only do about 75-80 amps at idle,just the damn dual alt bracket and pully,belt,wiring will cost 250

Not gonna be a big audio project...just throw in some focal components and one 12" sub...but I have so many power stuff running to battery like.power fold switch, seats. Fog lights, current audio system, onboard helpers...damn lol....was wondering if a better alt would help that out with two batteries or just run two batteries?

Peyton, how many amps is yours? I still need to upgrade mine too, I just keep putting it off. My volts sometimes drop down to as low as 11 or 12 at idle with both efans running and both the front and rear AC blowing on high. It goes up a little if I turn the AC down a little bit tho.

Not gonna be a big audio project...just throw in some focal components and one 12" sub...but I have so many power stuff running to battery like.power fold switch, seats. Fog lights, current audio system, onboard helpers...damn lol....was wondering if a better alt would help that out with two batteries or just run two batteries?

Do you have the 105amp or 130 amp right now?

Not sure..gotta check..bish been replaced with Oreillys shit so no label on it

I think if you did an upgraded alt you would be better off. There is a place in denton I will be taking mine to have it gutted and upgraded!

Peyton, you do know they are able to be taken apart and rebuilt right? I rebuilt both an alternator and starter in high school shop class.

Do it bro,i will bet its not shit,it wasnt built to do what your going to try to make it do.Im in this boat right now,i have a damn good alt builder right here,he told me what it was going to do before he rebuilt it,i guarantee you have horrible voltage drop
Your talking to someone who has killed 2 stock alts and a H.o rebuild,which the rebuild is still working it just doesnt have the ass
your guy is going to replace all the stock parts and change the rectifier,whoopie shit,i put an over drive on mine,shit isnt shit

peyton, you do know that the super duper ones you buy are built the same way right?

armatures, brushes etc...

Juan, there is a guy on pt.net that works for a place that builds them, many members there have used him, as well as GMFS, I believe his s/n is Shredsled

just because you killed them, doesn't mean they were shit, maybe your setup is wrong, or too much for what you are trying to throw at it...hence the failure. It's like running too much nitrous and blaming the motor.