Going from 4/6 to 2/4 nbs. Biggest tire size you can fit?

turkey_drag

May 23, 2014
Durant
Currently as my truck sits Im at 4/6 drop with 275/45/20, its a 07 classic Silverado rcsb. 2" Belltech spindles and dbrods 2"coilovers up front, Belltech flip kit out back with notch. I recently moved to Oklahoma City and find that the roads are rough as sh*t. Feel like the truck is getting beat to death, tires in front bottom out a lot and the truck itself scrapes a lot. Would the ride quality be dramatically different if I went to a 2/4 drop with say a 275/55/20 or 285/50/20 tire, whats the largest tire you can fit with a 2/4? Ive done lots of searching and some say you can get away with the larger tires where others say you cant. I know offset is key to this, I have oem chevy 20s that I believe are a 24mm offset. I had to roll my lips out back to get them to tuck at 4/6 with the 275/45. I feel like on large bumps that it seems to ravage the front end. It has brand new moog balljoints and everything else so I know its not loose or sloppy, still feels tight just gets hammered on rough patches. If i went with a tire with more sidewall and brought it back up to 2/4 would I notice anything different? Truck kinda road like crap when it was factory anyways, guess thats the price you pay for having a single cab in Oklahoma. Any opinions or insight would be greatly appreciated.