08RCSB

I don't have a truck.
Jan 23, 2011
Argyle, TX
I wanted to put together a comprehensive list of lowering your NNBS truck.

REAR OPTIONS

1'' - Remove your OEM lift block. You have enough threads on your stock U-bolts do to this

2'' - Use a lowering shackle. I prefer Mcgaughy's or Belltech because they use an OEM style bushing that won't squeak like DJM. DJM uses poly bushings that are infreior

3'' - Combine 1'' and 2'' options

4'' - Combine a flip kit (again I prefer Mcgaughy's or Belltech over DJM, much better design) with a lift hanger. Mcgaughy's makes quality ones. Set the lift hanger to 3''. This combines a 7'' flip kit (drop) with a 3'' hanger (lift) and it nets 4'' of drop.

5'' - Same as the 4'' option, but move the hanger up to 2''. This nets 5'' of drop

6'' - Same as 5'', but add a short (lift) shackle.

7'' - Use stock shackle, hanger with a flip kit

8'' Same as 7'', but add a drop shackle set at 1''

9'' - Same as 7'', but add a drop shackle set at 2''

**Anything over 7'' will require a notch**

FRONT OPTIONS

For the front, personally, I like a combination of drop spindles and Belltech drop struts or Mcgaughy's coil relocators.

• For spindles, I like either Mcgaughy's or Ground Force. Belltech drop spindles are taller than stock which can create camber problems

1'' - Use belltech struts or Mcgaughy's relocators set at 1''

2'' - I prefer spindles for this

3'' - Combine the spindles with struts or relocators set at 1''

4'' - Combine the spindles with struts or relocators set at 2''

5'' - Use a 2'' drop spring on BT struts set at 1'' along with a 2'' spindle

6'' - Use DJM 4'' arms with a 2'' spindle

If you're having problems aligning (camber specifically), I recommend SPC alignment busings and/or cams. You may have camber problems starting at 4'' and definitely want to order these if you plan on the 5'' option Bushings Cams

The cams are a little easier to install because you don't have to press them in.

SHOCKS

I like belltech street performance shocks. Anything from 4'' and lower in the rear is going to need new shocks.

If you have any questions, PM me.

08Chevy

Those mother fuckers. I seriouslly want to burn the fucking place down now for telling me they wont work.

TXGraphix24

Jan 30, 2011
Lewisville, TX
Does anyone have a RC NNBS that does ride good? I hear alot of people with cc's say there 5/8 rides like stock. i have a 4/7, extenders and helpers, and it fucking sucks. Is it just the short body, and cant take the impact? Or what? I havnt talked to one person with a lowered RC that has a decent ride.

GCncsuHD

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Mar 8, 2011
Salisbury, NC
Shorter wheelbase always makes the ride seem rougher, the slightest bump pitches the entire truck more than a longer wheelbase would. Not to mention it weighs significantly less, which means less inertia, or resistance to the movement.

Let me tell you though, a CCLB, seems to be just the wrong wheelbase to perfectly catch the seams in concrete paving and bridges
:facepalm3:

Andrew.

:hnnng:
Jan 20, 2011
Canadadia
RCs have INCREDIBLE rake. The stock ones I see rolling around, I dont understand how the drivers are even comfortable in them.

08Chevy

HOLY SHIT CHAGO WTF ARE YOU DOING OVER HERE? lol. You spying fool?