I havent finished it yet due to a hicup in it, but here are my current progress pictures on detailing my truck

The truck when i started, I forgot to grap pictures of the tires before i applied the cleaner

IMAG0222_zpsrsl0iufp.jpg

IMAG0229_zpss9htmgb7.jpg

The paint wasnt terrible, but it did go through the whole winter, and a car wash twice.

IMAG0224_zpsq5fa0ysr.jpg

IMAG0225_zpsycqr6yv4.jpg

And the plastic has been blasted with bugs and shit.

IMAG0223_zpsccfq9vsy.jpg

First step i did was spray the tires down with simple green and scrub with a brush, it took a few times because i had some tire shine under the mud.

IMAG0230_zpsypwxc3kc.jpg

IMAG0239_zpsg76t1vmp.jpg

IMAG0239_zpsg76t1vmp.jpg

when it came to washing i took a chance to use surf citys new prep wash. smells nice and orangey.

IMAG0234_zps3a2ozx2u.jpg

3oz in the foam gun

IMAG0232_zpsckdtyafe.jpg

and 1 oz in the bucket.

IMAG0233_zps9i41hjvr.jpg

And ready to foam

IMAG0235_zpsqm46njxh.jpg

After letting it soak for a few

IMAG0236_zpslrsm9bgb.jpg

and post wash

IMAG0237_zpsyay0weum.jpg

IMAG0238_zpso7mzebnx.jpg

IMAG0240_zpsj2u0rlso.jpg

2 bucket method def helps keep shit from getting rubbed back onto the paint.

IMAG0241_zpsojh39zga.jpg

then i clayed. I still had a adams claybar so i used that.

IMAG0242_zpsz7udtfoi.jpg

not bad for behind the rear wheels on the lower body

IMAG0243_zpsvt6g8bzn.jpg

Last edited:
post clay bar, it doesnt look terrible.

IMAG0244_zpspl8pxhzv.jpg

until you see it in direct light

IMAG0245_zpsgvagexks.jpg

then i taped off anything textured so when polishing i wouldnt get it filled with white shit.

IMAG0247_zpsp8xqyhpp.jpg

IMAG0248_zpschz00ux8.jpg

Finally got to try out my new Rupes Bigfoot 21E, i had it hooked up to a adams orange pad,

IMAG0250_zpshhr5gmrb.jpg

and tried some shine supply classic cut that sam suggested.

IMAG0249_zpsjkwwgkwz.jpg

Here is a 50/50 shot of the first panel i did just with the setup above

IMAG0251_zpszbbljkrh.jpg

Did the whole truck and the last panel i did this happened

IMAG0257_zpsmgqiqzee.jpg

burned through some how. possibly someone did cheap body work on the fender before and put thin paint, im not sure.

So i came to a stop.

I am going to move on and leave the fender the way it is, and i already made an appointment with my paint guy to have the fender resprayed.

Last edited:
Damn, that cut really well. Gonna have to update my polish supply at some point.

very very well, i was happy with how fast it was, i did a complete bedside in like 5-10 min the whole truck was prolly less than a hour, i didnt get to the roof yet, thats the first thing im doing when i get it back, as well as going over the hood again. it started to get dark when i was doing it, and i started having problems seeing if i did it enough.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I need to upgrade polishers also. Ah well, it's only money. Planning on hitting it with a finishing polish too?

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
Other than where it burnt through it looks real good man :shake: Mine looks about like yours did in some spots, I just get fed up with the damn PC sometimes that I haven't had the motivation to pull it back out and try correcting it again. Lol.

I need to upgrade polishers also. Ah well, it's only money. Planning on hitting it with a finishing polish too?

Yes, shine supply makes a finish polish as well. I dont think its nessisary, the paint is very clear. but i just want to do it because lol.

Other than where it burnt through it looks real good man :shake: Mine looks about like yours did in some spots, I just get fed up with the damn PC sometimes that I haven't had the motivation to pull it back out and try correcting it again. Lol.

i will never use my PC again, this polisher is so much faster and weighs less.

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
:nice:

Mine needs some love bad but I just don't have the time right now. :okay:

^THIS.

I have the Adams three step polishes, and the newer two step polishes, and a Harbor Freight DA variable speed polisher. But I work 60 hours a week and my wife ALWAYS has other shit for me to do on my off days. So the truck gets neglected bad. I can barely find enough time to wash it anymore, let alone do a full paint correction.

DylanVK

Jun 5, 2012
Assuming its not still wet paint, yes.

Body shops cut and buff paint fresh out of the booth all the time - needs to be setup fully, but doesn't have to be thru its full cure time to be polished.

I've buffed out panels in the afternoon that were painted that morning. Actually they usually correct very nice when fresh b/c the paint is still a little soft.