EMMJAY

Jan 9, 2014
Thought it'd be worth a shot asking if anyone has dealt with the problem I'm having right now, 99 silverado with the 5.3. One day I was working on an air line (it's bagged) and I went to start the truck up and it would fire up but then stall out, security light flashing 3 or 4 times and then the battery light. The cluster will light up, but none of the gauges are working. Researched a little bit about the passlock system and thought it had to be reset, went through the reset procedures and nothing worked. So I took it to a tuner and had him delete the vats from the ECM and it fires up and runs. The gauges still aren't working, I've checked and cleaned all of the grounds I could find and even did the splice into the ground from the cluster harness and make a new one trick, still no gauges....anyone have any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dszx13

May 28, 2014
minden, la
Try swapping in another cluster that you works an see what it does

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
May sound weird.. But check the radio fuse under the hood. When swapping my console, something tripped, and the truck would fire up & kill itself instantly like that. But No electric worked.

Just pulling and inserting that fuse back fixed whatever it was. Other than that I have no useful input on what it could be lol

EMMJAY

Jan 9, 2014
Do any of you know if an 07 cluster will plug into a 99??

ScottyBoy

The LED Man
Apr 6, 2012
Do any of you know if an 07 cluster will plug into a 99??

No, it needs to be a 99-02 cluster. While a 03-07Classic cluster may look VERY similar and it even plugs in, it is NOT compatible and can actually cause you to end up frying other shit. The wiring architecture changed in 2003, so pretty much nothing electronic or electrical from a 2003+ will work on a 2002 or older.