Garret Turbo Charger for 2005 Duramax

jade

Feb 18, 2016
Hi! I have been thinking of adding a turbo charger on my ride. After a lot of research, I have decided to install the Garret PoweMax Turbo Stage 1 turbo charger on ride https://www.bcdiesel.ca/en/lb7-garrett-powermax-turbo. The the gm spare parts dealer will be helping me to get this done. Before I get it done, I need some feedback on the turbocharger. Does this have any lag or any specific issues I should look out for?

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I'm gonna be zero help, but welcome to the site.

Hopefully some of the resident diesel guys will chime in and give you some suggestions and feedback.

Molly

dnt run up samb
May 9, 2013
Why are you set on that one? What is your ultimate power goal? What mods do you have done? Trans?

Sent from your girls iPhone.

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
Why are you set on that one? What is your ultimate power goal? What mods do you have done? Trans?

Sent from your girls iPhone.

^ this is important.

i have driven a truck with one in it. sounds like a nice turbo and its spools just as fast if not faster then stock he did have his tunes revised by EFI live to get it to perform better.

his dyno run he made 465 hp on built trans and injectors done which really isnt much since guys get that out of a stock turbo with a little hotter EGT's and such.

id say its a good replacement for a stock turbo.

but if your looking for a powerhouse id look into a s366 and if in the future you want to go twins it would be a perfect valley turbo.

just what my research has found :up: