Gale Banks diff cover research

I Drive A Rape Van

Aug 10, 2015
So Gale Banks got bored with big HP turbos and stuff and decided to curve his curiosity on aftermarket diff covers. I'v kept up with it from the beginning and it's actually been really cool seeing it come along. I havent spent much time in the forums here, so i'll assume this is the right section for this.

Anywho, vids:

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
Word. Ive been watching these too. I knew various diff covers had varying designs for a reason but the way he lays it out and shows us with a clear cover really helps in understanding fluid flow of viscous liquid media.

I Drive A Rape Van

Aug 10, 2015
Agreed, I never thought a cover would make such a difference. I have had friends over the years complain about seeming power loss and less mileage with those types of covers, but never thought the cover could be causing it.

Smith

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 28, 2011
Louisiana
I’ve personally never looked into any of this but definitely interesting to see/listen to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubyagee

Dork
Jan 23, 2011
This is making the rounds on all the car forums. Laid out exactly the same way. All posted by low post count members. Weird.

Tiki

Jan 23, 2011
So far he's using visual evidence to make claims. Why don't they just get an AAM engineer to adapt their existing modeling for an answer?

barrrf

Apr 17, 2012
So far he's using visual evidence to make claims. Why don't they just get an AAM engineer to adapt their existing modeling for an answer?

seeing is believing. Visual aids are also better teaching tools.

DeanH1290

Jan 20, 2014
Georgetown KY
Where is he making any actual claims? He is using the clear covers as visual aids, not evidence, to help explain fluid flow. If he had talked about the fluid flow without a visual aid, half of the viewers probably wouldn't have understood it nearly as well. He specifically states he is waiting to see the NUMBERS on their testing and hopes they get something repeatable.

Reactions: I Drive A Rape Van