Fuck it - Narrowing

bgray

Stylish Canadian
Mar 17, 2012
Onterrible, Canada
Ive grown tired of my tahoe 22's. There 22x10 so up front it cause some issues being at 5/7, the other day comming outta a parking lot it grabbed the inner lip of the fender and ripped it down pretty bad.

So i found a local guy to narrow the rear end, and im gonna order some billets in 22.

In a previous thread i made on GMFS a long time ago, looks like most guys run 8.5's up front and 10's in the rear.

This truck has that setup(but 24s) runs a 2.25" narrow, but only runs a 275 out back. I wanna run a 305 out back, which should be possible right as Ive seen 305's on a stock rub Bed before.

So a few questions.

2.25" Narrow still fine with leafs in factory postion?
or play it safe at 2" and measure from there?

Heres the truck im referring too
Staggered 24s finally on - Chevy Truck Forum | GMC Truck Forum - GmFullsize.com

Reactions: eand28
wish shipping 22s wasnt expensive, will look amazing Brandon, I dont know anything about narrowing rear ends, but your tastes are always the best... :shake:

Demon isnt on leafs
Dont sell the tahoz yet
Prepare for the wait
I know raceline will help you with everything and tell you whst needs to be done
What company are you looking at?

22x8.5 with a 5.5" BS up front.

Then if possible 22x10 with 4.5" BS and 305s. If that doesnt work then a 22x10 with a 4.75" BS and 305s

I knows its a measuring game, I did it all when i ordered my bonspeeds for my nova. But im not at the truck and trying to get a good range of whats been done previous

Stunnas are cheap right now
And only offered in a 22/24 combo
If you wanted 4 22in stunnas,jvoisel would probally pick up the 24s he was trying to find someone the other day
The 2pcs are when they go sky high

Stunnas are nice, but they are quiet popular. I was looking at an other option. Polished lips and Greys centers with clear for sure

Guess dealing direct with raceline is the best bet?

Yeah Greg Wells is who you want to talk too
Call the number on racelines site
You are now on the phone with AlliedWheel and will be asked what your intrested in

Last edited:
I would do 6" backspacing on the front. 22x8.5 with 5.5" backspacing is 4" frontspacing. those tahoe 22's are 22x10 +31 offset is 4.25" frontspacing. so you'll be only gaining 1/4" clearance at that setup up front.

Reactions: eand28
Are you wanting a 2 peice wheel? If so then dealing direct with Greg is not the best bet. Call up Coy at BilletInc Wheels. I bought mine thru him and saved myself $250 for 22's. They are on facebook. If ya don't have a facebook let me know and I'll get ya his number. They'll price match/beat anybody fyi.

As far as narrowing...I measured 6 or 7 times and with my helpers I could cut 2.5 on each side and clear things just fine with a 305/30/22. The bs on my 22x10 is 5". On the 8.5 with 255/35 I went with 5.5" just to get a little more lip. If I have to I'll have my LCA's narrowed but I think I'll be alright.

thanks for the info. Getting another set of oem 20's isnt outta questions yet either. dunno if i wanna stay with the modded oem look, or go on the other side with some billets.

Well I got everything back together tonight. 2.5 is definitely the max. Might be able to squeeze an 1/8 of an inch more but it would be really close.

Just for the record, for once, Im glad I didnt listen, and I told you so :crazy: The polished lips/grey centers would look fucking sick....

O well
Still be a bamf
When i did mine i didnt what a deep dish,idk it wasnt the look i was going for
On low static i like a 20/22deep or 22/24deep

:pepper:

PS- gotta love grabbing lips lol!
Hey hit up banker099 he recently narrowed his rear and sent his intros out for new hoops... the guy who did his rearend is a badass we need to get him on as a sponsor for sure! Cause he makes gnarly fuel cells too for slammed a$$ trucks such as ours! Ill find pics of his work and post here for you!

be prepared to be referred to as "one of those rgv guys"

Ryan add your stuff he did for you and ill add duckys!

To the OP I added quite a but of pics of dbrods work! Hope its helpful!

Last edited: