Important!: Front end clunk/ticking

GingerCrew

Nov 16, 2012
Just west of DFW
So this carp started yesterday, a clunking or ticking type sound when I get up to about 10 mph and gets faster as my speed increases but I can't hear it after 40 or so my guess is because of the road noise or tire noise. What could this be, I'm thinking maybe a bad hub bearing or something
Sent via optimus g

Last edited:

AlwaysSomethin

Apr 8, 2012
Checked all your bolts/nuts again after suspension work? Could very well be a hub. My brake pads also were kinda loose in the sliders and made some seriously annoying noises.

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
Check the brake pads while you're back there. Mine had the same thing 2 weeks ago. We thought it was the dust shield so we didn't check it right away. Noise got worse and worse, then horrible. Found the one brake pad was sticking so it wore out stupid fast

sent from your HTC Rezound

GingerCrew

Nov 16, 2012
Just west of DFW
Dust shield isn't rubbing rotor, everything is tight, but I noticed that when I reverse it sounds like the rotor or something is grinding slightly

Sent via optimus g

GingerCrew

Nov 16, 2012
Just west of DFW
Found my problem, took off passenger wheel to find out that my slider pin bolts backed all the way out, bottom one fell out completely, the only thing keeping the top one in was the brake line, the grinding was the bottom of the caliper grinding the inside of the wheel, luckily that top bolt didn't come out, the whole calipers would have been trashed and the brake lines would have been ripped out. Replaced missing bolt and put everything back together, back to new

Sent via optimus g