Front Bump Stops

Pistol_P.

Jan 31, 2014
SoCal
I bought a 2000 Silverado with a 3" lift and now I'm planning to lower it but have some questions before I start disassembling anything. It seems like the bump stops were located. Would this be an issue when I lower it?

- Thank you

image_zps3329ad03.jpg

the fabtech UCA bump stop is LOWER than oem...i dont think youll hit it with oem arms but it wont stop the arm from drooping too far down. The lower stops are oem...youre fine there. Only thing u can do to keep some sort of stop on ur truck is to retain those upper stops and bolt up a tall stop...maybe a cone or rectangular block.

Looks like you have an old school fabtech 6". I never liked how bowed out the coils were in that kit :eek:

I wouldnt not run some type bump stop. I wouldn't want to chance it slamming metal on metal. There's a reason why they are installed imo

Thank you all for the response. The thing is I don't want to risk damaging an arm if I remove the bump stops, that's why I still want to leave them on or if possible reinstall the original ones. But again I'm not sure if the ones it currently has on would be an issue once I lower the truck.

I'm planning on doing a 5/8 drop.

I have never hit metal on metal, and I've hit huge bumps. But I also have a big weld in underbed notch, but I've never hit metal on metal front either.

Still isn't that smart imo. I'd run smaller stops for $30 than chancing damage.

why would he run smaller stops? his oem stops were cut off, cant put any where they used to be. So now hes gotta keep the fabtech mount and get TALLER stops to compensate for the lower location fo the fabtech mount. Get a lil bit taller or just add fender washers under the fabtech to raise it some...that way it stops the arm from drooping too much and possibly overextending the shock...BJs and TREs will be well within their limits, but the shock will act as a limiting strap until it rips out :rofl: All of this is assuming hes getting enough travel to do this...being hes lowered and not prerunning a baja race, hes probably fine....Id still want something there tho.