powellbr5591

May 4, 2016
Hi all, this is my first post on here and this is gonna be a two part thread. My first question was I wondering if anyone has experience with these ARC 12000D switch panels. I'm going to be using it with the 20 circuit system from InfinityWire. One of my questions is with using the 20 circuit system from them can I wire the switch panel straight to the master cell unit or will I have to use all the hard ware that comes with the switch panel?

My second question is has anyone had any experience in making a center console and dash out of wood? I was thinking of using oak for the dash and the center console out of two different woods, the lower part out of either a kind of light oak or mahogany and the top part out of walnut, it's going to be a hollow design so that the wiring harness and the shifter cable can pass through the center so the interior is cleaner than if it were done differently. My idea for the center console was going to be like the center console in the Lincoln MKZ. Thanks in advance for the responses and ideas.

wubba lubba dub dub

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Welcome!

I've got a couple of questions first off, what vehicle is this going into? The majority of people around here have trucks, but the admins really do want to expand further into the GM universe. The forum was just built by a bunch of truck guys lol.

Some have built custom centre consoles out of MDF and other types of wood to house subwoofers and amps.

For you centre console questions, I'd post it up in this section: Interior

As far as your switch panel, I had to google it. From what I'm seeing it looks to be a set of relays triggered by a flat touch panel of triggers, meaning that it's probably as simple as crimping those spade connectors to your wire you'll be using to trigger your accessories, and connecting it to the relay board.

You'll probably have a better chance of finding someone with knowledge in this by posting it up in this section: Audio,Video, and Electronics

powellbr5591

May 4, 2016
The vehicle is gonna be built off an art morrison chassis with a chromoly skeleton and thin chromoly panels skinning the car with 1/4" thick front and rear firewalls. I haven't decided if I'm going to power it with a twin turbo gdi V6 or a supercharged SBC or a naturally aspirated all aluminum BBC with a 4l80e and a 4 link 12 bolt rear end with a Watts linkage. The brakes are going to be carbon ceramic with the nickel plated six piston calipers, I'm going to use a set of titanium Corvette drop spindles, hydro boost brake boosters, and twin master cylinders, all from Wilwood except for the hydro boosters and the titanium spindles. I don't know what wheels and tires I'm going to go with, along with what coilovers, whether or not I'm going to do tubular front control arms, and some other details, mainly the sound system. Hope this helps

wubba lubba dub dub

Kkirwan71

the other delaware guy
Aug 2, 2015
So it's a kit car of some sort? Do you have a picture? I'm curious

sent from my glade air freshner

powellbr5591

May 4, 2016
So it's a kit car of some sort? Do you have a picture? I'm curious

sent from my glade air freshner
I wouldn't call it a kit car, I used to have a sketch I drew of it but idk where it went, I'll post one as soon as I get another one drawn but the way I imagine it is sort of a cross between the nascarlo and the vette-kart, only with really trick parts, if you're familiar with Roadkill you'll know what I'm talking about. Although I haven't used any parts for a Monte Carlo in the design (yet)

wubba lubba dub dub

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
Somebody say art Morrison chassis? :hng:

Welcome! Definitely looking forward to progress on this! Sounds like it's gonna be pretty awesome!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
I am in fact very familiar with Roadkill lol. I'm really excited to see progress on this one.

powellbr5591

May 4, 2016
So currently I'm trying to work out the tranny design and I've decided either a clutchless 5 speed from Jericho or a 4l80e with a stand alone controller and a set of F1 paddle shifters to manage the upshift & downshift but I don't know how I would manage the shift pressures, I remember seeing a module that would allow you to change the pressure on the fly on Summit Racing IIRC but I don't remember what the brand of the module was. Has anyone seen one of these modules before? Does anyone have any advice on this kind of setup? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ALCATEL A564C using Tapatalk