Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
First to answer the question before the airline debate started. triangulated 4 link does not allow you to keep the stock tank placement. wishbone 3 links or parallel setups are the ways to keep it there.

Secondly, Plastic DOT airline is extremely durable in itself. Scrap shit on the road is about the only thing that will rip an airline. The problem most have is no the DOT line, it is the Push-To-Connect fittings. living in areas where the connections are susceptible to moisture and freezing, and salt/brine can destroy these fittings. This is about 4-5 months out of the year for me, this is why I don't PTC fittings. Since you're in SC I doubt you would have any problems running them.

Manifold valves are the new standard in air suspension. The individual valves are on the way out. Inexperienced Individuals will need the simplicity, and Experienced individuals will respect the simplicity. In less than 5 years, It will be harder to find trucks without manifold valves than trucks with.

Individual valves are good for 2 people:
The ones that want to mount valves right near each bag, so it ridiculously fast.
The ones that have spent so much money else where before buying Air Management.

Now to address the driving without air in the tank:
Unless you have a check valve mounted before each fill valve, after the tank, you will not be able to drive without tank pressure.
the tank pressure is what keeps the valve shut when the solenoid is not energized. drain the tank, and you will drain the entire truck, Unless you run check valves between your tank and fill valves.

Now with a manifold valve, that is only 1 check valve necessary, unless you want 2 on the vu4.

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
I was kinda looking around at accuair yesterday. Would I need a whole accuair system or could I just use the vu4? The switchspeed does look nice though. I need educated on valves, manifolds, and switches.

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
I was kinda looking around at accuair yesterday. Would I need a whole accuair system or could I just use the vu4? The switchspeed does look nice though. I need educated on valves, manifolds, and switches.
the vu4 manifold can be used with any switch box or regular switches. Avs sells harnesses to use regular switches or their 7 or 9 switch box with the vu4. you can buy them in 10', 15', or 20'.
AVS :: Air Suspension :: Wires, Connector, and More :: VALVE WIRE HARNESSES :: ACCUAIR VU4 HARNESSES

jayballz

Apr 1, 2012
Tukn said everything I was gonna. Lol. Manifolds are the shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
im just paranoid :shrug: theres nothing wrong with either one :imo: just my personal preference cause this is southern california theres always fuckign construction and blown up big rig tires, and i do have a check valve threaded right into every valve so the only way i can lose a corner is to blow a bag or that 1' of airline. im going to swap everything to stainless when i IRS the rear... cause paranoid

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
So I am going to be doing rear air for now on my 2wd bronco build. This is my first air build. I just do not have any idea what is good and what is bad parts. I am just going to be running a simple 2 link with a panard bar. I need about 7" to 8" of travel. As far as bag plates and what not are concerned I can figure that out its the valves, fittings, compressors, and bags that I am unsure about. I want it to be reliable and simple. I do not need control to each corner. Plan is to take this on the power tour next year with the wife and need something that I can count on. Any help would be great.

for air control as long as you dont plan on going up and down a ton, get a 5 gallon tank, and 2 valves, if you want i can sell you some of mine, since i bought a accuair manifold. then just get a 480 compressor and since you only have 2 valves, you can prolly get away with 2 switches on the dash

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
So I am going to be doing rear air for now on my 2wd bronco build. This is my first air build. I just do not have any idea what is good and what is bad parts. I am just going to be running a simple 2 link with a panard bar. I need about 7" to 8" of travel. As far as bag plates and what not are concerned I can figure that out its the valves, fittings, compressors, and bags that I am unsure about. I want it to be reliable and simple. I do not need control to each corner. Plan is to take this on the power tour next year with the wife and need something that I can count on. Any help would be great.
My list thus far;

Viair 480 dual pack w/relays
160/200 pressure switch
3 rocker switch panel
(4) SMC 3/8 valves
(2) check valves
Airlift single needle
Airlift dual needle
50' 1/8" line (gauges)
(2) 2600 bags (undecided on brand)
(20) Ft of X/X line
5 gallon tank
Shit-ton of fittings
Shocks
oh and 2 link with 7-8" of travel? just kill it with fire it will live longer that way

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
Forgive my stupidity, but besides a manifold being one plugnplay unit, what other advantages does it have?

Its a lot cleaner and has less possible leak points because you use a hell of a lot less fittings.

2 link is not a terrible setup if you can make the lower bars ridiculously long like on the C-10's

Last edited:

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
Plan is to just get it to ride height. I doubt I will ever use all 7" of travel. Its not going to be going up and down all that often or riding at something other than ride height. Down the road it will get 4 linked but I have the parts for when I was going to do radius arms when it was going to stay 4wd so I have no extra that I am putting towards it. I know the 2 link is not the best atm.

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
Its a lot cleaner and has less possible leak points because you use a hell of a lot less fittings.

2 link is not a terrible setup if you can make the lower bars ridiculously long like on the C-10's

The bronco is super short and the pivot is going to be at the end of the tail shaft of the trans

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
lets say you make the 2 link bars 50" long and set the pinion angle at half stroke. you get have 4" until the lowest point.
if all you use is 8" of lift. 4" up and 4" down from the center point, the most the pinion would change would be 4.5* either way
for the 1" up and 1" down from the center, would only change 1.2* either way
for the 2" up and 2" down from the center, would only change 2.3* either way

you drop the bars down to 45" and these numbers only raise by about 10% at the top of your desired cycle

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
I just walked out and measured. It would be roughly 50" maybe a little less. Its like your in my garage