Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
Air shocks or the bags that mount like shocks? I hear that they don't get a lot of travel

You don't get but maybe 6" stroke out of strut bags Aka shockwaves. That's the only downfall to them. Ridetech has been known to build custom shockwaves for more travel but the $$$$$ better be ready for that.

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
The shocks with bags on them.

I was just browsing suicidedoors and saw them.

I emailed that dude at NFamus about a kit for the nnbs. Seems like a nice kit to buy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Well I guess im gonna 86 that idea.

What are some reputable places that sell bag parts? SD seems to just cater to S10s.

How's the EMW front? I've heard of ppl using it but haven't researched it yet.

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
gravity-werx.com, airbagfittings.com are good also, thorbeckebros isnt a bad place to deal with either - but their kits do tend to cater to mintrucks

Zach.

Jan 25, 2011
Bakersfield, Ca
Heres a few I've ordered from

Newmaticsinc.com (5% off with code "s10forum")
Thorbros.com
store.gaugemagazine.com (5% off with code "frmember")
customconnectionllc.com (10% off with code "s10forum")
grunionfabrication.com
metalworxinc.net
discounthydraulichose.com(for fittings)
avsontheweb.com

forklift

Mar 23, 2012
well this is on my S-15, but I'll run down a list and just sub out GMFS parts, well you know what I mean
Spindles : $150
lower control arms: $300
bag cups $40
front bags $160
Plug and play system (free to me) but $1100 (all 1/2" with gauges, compressor, valves, lines etc
3-link about $700 total with the notches and bridge etc
lines $80
fittings $100?
so about $2600 plus shipping, this isnt even including running the gauges yet! I still need some "T" fittings for 1/2" to 1/4"

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Im seriously thinking about just doin a static 5" in the front and bagging the rear.

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Idk. Im never gonna ride that low in the front and id never have to worry about failure and fucking shit up. I can ride home with the back dragging, not so much with the front. And my sole purpose for this is to ride cali lol.

Moe

Mar 24, 2012
Idk. Im never gonna ride that low in the front and id never have to worry about failure and fucking shit up. I can ride home with the back dragging, not so much with the front. And my sole purpose for this is to ride cali lol.

first time i hear some one wants to bag the back 1st

luck on the project and make a build thread on it homie

Zach.

Jan 25, 2011
Bakersfield, Ca

if its setup right and nothing rubs you won't have to worry about it messing up.

My 6 link should be here this week sometime, and my re-7s next week sometime. Hopefully be starting a build thread in the next few weeks

Finally.

BigBoi

Mar 14, 2012
St George SC
Keith at NFamus emailed back.

They have a rear weld on 3 link kit with notches and tabs for a nnbs for $625

JcHT

May 5, 2012
I know a god amount of people who have bags down here in San Antonio. Every goes to USA MotorSports. The highest price i heard that they charged for a custom comp. set up was almost $4,000 thats with labor and all. They even bulit a custom cover to hide the tanks

Tukn4s

Jan 24, 2011
Question: What is a pressure switch for and do i need one?

And what is a check valve and do i need one?

A pressure switch is what tells the compressors to turn and when to turn off based on take pressure. it is something I consider a need. you can run a switch for your compressors and manually turn them on and off but then you have to have a tank pressure gauge and watch it to make sure pressure doesn't get to high.

check valves are one way valves the you put between your tank and each lift valve. this means that if your tank begins to lose pressure because of a leak your bags pressure will not seep back into the tank and cause the truck to drop. You do not need them. a lot of people run them, but I do not and I daily drive my truck.