Flip kit questions

DaddyFerg

Feb 7, 2014
My friend told me I didn't need to buy the whole flip kit, if I want to do a flip kit, just to do it myself and get new shocks. Is this true?

If this is the same "friend" who told you about the secret mystery wheel find, kick him in the throat.

We've seen the aftermath of someone making a homemade flip kit. Ask GingerCrew how that worked out for him!

Thanks people. I told him he was fuckin stupid he was like well it worked for me lol. Brand preference? If I just do rear flip kit in rear, and I have drop shackles, will they result in lifting 2" instead of dropping more resulting In a 4" drop?

I have Belltech, not a single issue after 2 years. McGaughy is another, and DJM. DJM is supposed to have an adjustable pinion angle setup. Just don't use their notches.

So does that mean that BT and McG have set pinion as I wouldn't have to fuck with pinion because its preset? Or would I have to use shims because they aren't adjustable?

i did...the shock extenders didnt extend my oem shocks enough and id bottom them out all the time. Im running Belltech Nitro Drop 2 all around

I'll probably go with belltech. Will I mess anything up with just doing flip kit only? Nothing in the front?

It will be about 2" lower in the back. Right now has 2" shackles and the front still sits 2-2.25" lower than the back. Not a fan of the rake. Will I be Tuckin my wheels at all?

Just so you know..a flip kit for nbs drops 6" and shackles another 2" so you would be at 8" rear drop..