Finally lifted my Tahoe!!!

Stealth HD

Aug 12, 2012
Moore, OK
Took me 6 years but finally got a lift on my Tahoe! Installed a 6" RCX that I picked up from MPC, 5160 Bilsteins all the way around, a Mag-hytec diff cover, 20x12 Ion Alloy 183s on 305/55 trail grapplers. Did the lift in a matte silver, as well as the stock lower arms (front and rear) didn't want to mess with the uppers since I plan on getting new arms anyways. Also, cleaned up the underside while I was at it.

The victim:

took me a few months to gather parts:

Finally got the last couple pieces in a couple weeks ago, and had the tires mounted last weekend:

Had good weather as well, so decided to start cleaning up the underside:

Wanted to powder but my wife gave me a nearly an ultimatum, if the lift wasn't on my TX2K14, then I couldn't go, so settled with paint:

Pulled it in, and put it on the lift friday at 6pm, and wasn't going home until it was done!

Since I didn't have help at that point, I started on the rear first:

Brother showed up around 10:30 and we started on the front...what should've took 4-5 hours tops, took us about 15, nothing wanted to cooperate on the front, took FOREVER to get the keys out of the original torsion bars, and nothing wanted to come apart. Didn't help that I worked 18.5 hours on Thursday only to sleep for 3 hours, and start again at 7:30am on Friday. But, we finally managed to get it done:

(crappy pics)

Set it down for the first time and to my surprise, it sat level on the front without needing to readjust it:

lifted it up one more time and rechecked the torque on every bolt to be sure nothing was missed, then set it back down for the last time and pulled it out into the rain/fog FTL:

Dropped it off at the alignment shop while I went home to rest for a couple hours:

Then I wake up this morning to a sleet and snow covered driveway:

Was going to hold out to get clean finished pics, but couldn't wait for another week so here it is, in it's salt covered mess:

All in all I'm happy, sits at 43.75" rear and 45 1/8" in the front, rides like a dream on the Bilsteins, and everything functions as it should!

Next on the list, is to do something about the unsightly exhaust, I've been looking into MBRP catback systems, and most likely will go that route. Want to pic up some billet resi clamps as well, to replace the original hose clamps the shocks come with, as well as move the front resi off the frame, and onto the shock (wasn't sure if it would clear so I didn't try it. Also, next on the list is to upgrade the upper control arms, wouldn't mind making a set of link bars to replace the factory bars in the rear as well.

:drool: Looks amazing dude! Makes me wanna consider a Z71 hoe as well as a pickup when it's time for a new truck

Damn that looks good..love the wheels, personally I dont care for tows so I say its perfect as is

Turned out great man! Jelly of ions. Where'd u pick them up from?

Sent from Tapashit

Damn that looks good..love the wheels, personally I dont care for tows so I say its perfect as is

I love them for the visibility, hate the smaller mirrors, but also not sure how'd they'd look on a Tahoe either.

Turned out great man! Jelly of ions. Where'd u pick them up from?

Sent from Tapashit

Got them off Ebay, sometime last fall with a 10% off weekend deal.

I love them for the visibility, hate the smaller mirrors, but also not sure how'd they'd look on a Tahoe either.

Got them off Ebay, sometime last fall with a 10% off weekend deal.

Last fall.. Lol explains how u got some.

Sent from Tapashit

Only time will tell, used the same paint I painted my calipers with on my old Sierra, they still looked clean after 3 years when I sold it.

looks awesome! ive got MBRP sounds awesome. got the mid grade one the t-400 series stainless and single walled tips the 400 dollar one. have had it for maybe 4-5 years.

paint is suppose to hold up better than powder in snow salt rain etc looks great even though it took awhile all that matters is the end result