exhaust rattle noise

static06

May 26, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
Alright so I'm been having this issue for a while and it's starting to get to me. I hear a rattling noise anytime I give the truck half throttle from 40-60 mph. I checked all the band clamps and they were tight. Checked to make sure the o2 sensors were ziptied tight. Idk what else to look for. I hear on the drivers side only btw.

Its 1 of your pistons, its not bolted in, and flaoting around your washer container. Would suggest headlight flush to fix

With some synthetic wiper fluid and diesel conversion fluid, would run like tits afterwords

Any loose heat shields? I've heard of this happening with a loose heat shield, check the one on the trans.

i got under there once and noticed the heat shield was barely even touching the y-pipe. didnt think much of it since its on the passenger side. but ill check that today

BTW, I moved this to powertrain/DRiveline Tech. More appropriate since performance is for performance related questions lol.

Its hard to say what it can really be, there's so many different things. Get under there with a pry bar and start prying lightly until it does away...thats how we do it at the shop

So I got under there today and pryed on the heat shield of the trans and its still making the rattling noise

Message sent from a 4S