DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I am looking at adding exhaust to my 2004 Yukon Denali and I have a few questions. I was wondering what the stock inlet and outlet sizes are on the exhaust...I know that it is dual in/single out, but the outlet looks bigger than the factory size exhaust on my wifes Tahoe?

I also was wondering about muffler choices...I found a GMPP Touring catback for my Denali for dirt cheap, but don't know if that is going to be just dead silent and worth even putting on? It is the Borla GMPP BTW

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
Borla has a good tone, friend has one on his 5.3

No idea on the deanli inlet outlet size but my guess would be it's still 3" :shrug:

the stock muffler is di/so? didn't know that
yea the stock exhaust is DI/SO

Basically a buddy of mine bought the GMPP Borla Touring exhaust kit on ebay for $85 and when he got it realized that it was a dual in/single outlet so it wouldn't work on his Tahoe (imagine that). So basically he said I can get it from him and I will just order him whatever muffler he wants. I just don't know if the Borla Touring is going to be dead silent or still have an exhaust sound...I know with the Corsa Sport on my wifes Tahoe I kinda wanted it to be louder, so I think that the Touring would disappoint me.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
I would guess it's a 3" inlet also, same as the HD trucks. They have the same di/so stock setup as well.

GCncsuHD

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Mar 8, 2011
Salisbury, NC
I would guess it's a 3" inlet also, same as the HD trucks. They have the same di/so stock setup as well.

Not all of them...Some HDs are dual 3" in dual 3" out then y'ed to 3.5, some are dual 3" in, single 3.5" out.

I think the Denali is dual 2.75" in 3" out vs the 2.75" of the 5.3, but not 100% on that.

BOO5TED

Resident Smartass
Jan 7, 2011
ATL
Not all of them...Some HDs are dual 3" in dual 3" out then y'ed to 3.5, some are dual 3" in, single 3.5" out.

I think the Denali is dual 2.75" in 3" out vs the 2.75" of the 5.3, but not 100% on that.

Mr. Garrett, the encyclopedia of GM info. :crazy:

Borlas can be flipped just like magnaflows so let your buddy know

I was thinking the same thing but if he told his friend he wouldn't get the good deal. :cheeky:

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
I was thinking the same thing but if he told his friend he wouldn't get the good deal. :cheeky:
I mean this is like my best friend and he is who drove me 5 hours each way to go get the Denali so I definitely don't wanna screw him over...I will mention it to him, but I think he wants to run the stock backhalf...I mean there is no reason for him to keep the catback if all he is going to use is the muffler...we shall see

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
You definitely want something classy on the Denali!
Yea I don't want something obnoxious or loud and droney, but I don't want something that is dead quiet...I would love to find a Corsa Sport (because I think that would be the perfect sound) but even that might be a little louder than I should get for it. Which makes me think the Touring might be ok, but then again it sounds almost identical to stock exhaust in every video I have seen of it.

If my buddy decides to try to use what he has and make it work on his truck (the GMPP catback) I can get a Corsa Touring muffler almost brand new for $135 shipped

Tylers88

3 GM's and a Jeep
Apr 16, 2012
Clarion, IA
Which makes me think the Touring might be ok, but then again it sounds almost identical to stock exhaust in every video I have seen of it.

I drove an 08 or 09 short wheelbase Yukon Denali and it is very close until you smash the skinny pedal then its a very sporty sound, I would go Corsa over GMPP

kippjr23

May 5, 2012
Edelbrock with Summit has some decently good mufflers from what I hear as well.

Overall there are ALOT of options with exhaust.

Last edited:

DirtyBlackHoe

Bun B, Baracca, Beezer
Jan 24, 2011
Thomasville, GA
Go with the Touring catback.
First off may I ask why you would go with the Touring catback? Do you mean that you would go with the Borla GMPP exhaust over running the Corsa Touring muffler?

I'd probably take a touring for $135 too
The Corsa touring or the GMPP catback?

I drove an 08 or 09 short wheelbase Yukon Denali and it is very close until you smash the skinny pedal then its a very sporty sound, I would go Corsa over GMPP
awesome man...thank you for the information...I also thought about trading the Touring for Sport muffler on PT.net

Nothing wrong with the ole Flowmaster 40 series.

Or Edelbrock with Summit has some decently good mufflers from what I hear as well.

Overall there are ALOT of options with exhaust.
Flowmaster 40's will NOT be going on this Denali

Last edited:

scarber08

Apr 22, 2012
lol haters

18"+ bullet with 3.5/4" tip in stock location would be alright. Maybe a Borla Pro-XS if you want 'tame'.