TwistedWrangler

Feb 24, 2016
Terrible Haute, IN
Has anyone ever used this onirrors, door handles bumper caps etc? Just curious if it's gonna blow off at the first hit of the power washer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sc0tt

Sep 10, 2015
BC
I found the color isnt a 100% match. Use a decent primer specifically for plastics and top it with a clear coat. I did my handles 6 or 8 months ago with no issues yet

Graystone

Apr 25, 2014
I found the color isnt a 100% match. Use a decent primer specifically for plastics and top it with a clear coat. I did my handles 6 or 8 months ago with no issues yet
That is because most colors have a couple if not several variations

TwistedWrangler

Feb 24, 2016
Terrible Haute, IN
Unfortunate my truck is victory red and the dupli color has a victory red too. I'll start with the tailgate handle and see how it looks.

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
On an 05 do you really have to take the windows off the regulators etc just to remove bezels?

No. 2 bolts can be reached with an extension on a rachet and the hardest one can be reached with a wrench. Just be careful not to drop the nuts down into the door.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bassmaster

Media Mod
Mar 8, 2012
South Jersey
No you don't have to, it's just a pain lol I've taken the driver front handle off a couple times on my 05 silvy. I forget exactly how now, it's been a couple years, but I followed something online

HackMcMaster

Jun 26, 2012
Dunes
i just changed all 4 door handles like two weeks ago, left all the windows mounted, took me like 30 minutes to do all of them

2Wheelin'

Dec 9, 2014
Did my door handles, bumper cap, and mirror caps about a year and a half ago. Everything has held up except for my door handles fading

Adjusted

Super Moderator
Feb 8, 2012
Tacoma, Washington
I used it on some trim on my gfs car. As long as you prep, spray, and clear just like you would on any other paint job it will hold up and (in my case) the color matched perfectly.

TwistedWrangler

Feb 24, 2016
Terrible Haute, IN
Well I have to buy a new bezel and the workmanship is so so but it looks better than black! I'm too picky and tried to fix imperfections before the paint was cured.

a87ac559c69754acc767116a082d45bd.jpg

Slow05CC

Avery@texas-speed.com
Apr 25, 2014
Round Rock, Tx.
That looks pretty good and looks to match pretty well!

I have tried that paint with my paint code ( WA8624 - Summit White, or Olympic White, Dunno... GM doesn't seem to know either ) and it never matches and always looks bad! I even had a buddy try the rattle can and he is a painter by trade and even he cant get it to look like a match. I guess my truck was painted the on the day where they didn't feel like shaking the paint can.

TwistedWrangler

Feb 24, 2016
Terrible Haute, IN
That looks pretty good and looks to match pretty well!

I have tried that paint with my paint code ( WA8624 - Summit White, or Olympic White, Dunno... GM doesn't seem to know either ) and it never matches and always looks bad! I even had a buddy try the rattle can and he is a painter by trade and even he cant get it to look like a match. I guess my truck was painted the on the day where they didn't feel like shaking the paint can.
I'm surprised at how well this matches! Now just to finish handles and decide if I am doing bumper covers. I'd also like to do radiator shroud and intake cover. Cheap things that make it different I'm all for!

Dakota

Dat Static 4wd
Mar 12, 2012
texarkana
I'm surprised at how well this matches! Now just to finish handles and decide if I am doing bumper covers. I'd also like to do radiator shroud and intake cover. Cheap things that make it different I'm all for!

Definitely do the bumper cap. That completely changes the look imo. Red cap and black valance imo.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk