Edubbcity1

Feb 1, 2014
Kansas City
New here but wanted to share my journey with my truck. I've got an 03 extended cab silverado and recently slammed it. Went with McG flip, notch and shackles (havnt got around to putting the shackles on due to my bolts being seized) but will get to it! Up front I have 2" djm arms with McG 16+ spindles, I cut a half coil off the pass side to correct the "Chevy lean" and am running stock 16" rims right now for the winter. Belltech street perf shocks out back stock up front right now because ended up ordering the wrong ones from jegs so sent em back. This thing rides great! All this bump steer bs and spindles wont work with arms bs is garbage, it works and my alignment is dead on. I did a lot of research and I will tell you that the arms don't work with drop springs, your sway bar end links will not line up. This is my experience and may not be for everyone but it works! I also love when I scrape and ppl look at you with that look! As stated my bump steer is very very low, only time it remotely jars around is when or if I hit a big ass pot hole! Lol my next step is gonna be upper arms then ofcourse get my rims on and an engine swap, oh and a raised cross member and mabie a larger notch, also my windows are tinted and I do need to get more pics of my rig.. Thanks
a5ana8ug.jpg
yrena8yq.jpg
tyguhaje.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

static06

May 26, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
Stuffed like a mofo lol

I had lower DJM arms with 3" coils and sway bar lined up but at a crazy fuckin angle. Ended up snapping one cause I didn't have the shorter ones. God how I miss my nbs

Sent through an underground drug tunnel of Tijuana

Edubbcity1

Feb 1, 2014
Kansas City
@static06 yeah man I hear ya ! I ha the shorter links but they were way off it was ugly and I knew it wasn't right so went another way to get what I was after!!

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
for the price of front shocks, lcas and spindles you probably could have got coilovers and been done. Glad it works for you...I like my option to adjust pretty easily with coilovers.

Edubbcity1

Feb 1, 2014
Kansas City
@jared... Who thinks to put coilovers on their 1st slam? Every1 goes 1 of 2 ways, arms or spring/spindles so my choice to do what I did I what evry1 does.. It would be dif if my truck came with coil overs, then I would of went with them but it didn't so I replace what was on there with th components that go on there.. And yes it works thanks!

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
The forum is here to educate people...I'm just trying to pass on the info...been there, done that!

If someone had told me this before all the routes I tried, I would have graciously thanked them and passed it on myself. My truck rides so much better than it did the first two times I dropped it!

And that reminds me of the old saying "if all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you"?

Edubbcity1

Feb 1, 2014
Kansas City
Exactly it's here to educate, that's why I shared my experience! Might as well bag in that case! Lol I did a lot of research and my truck the result of that, it rides great and it can only get better, no ghetto drop here I used quality parts and I did it right! In the garage! Next step may be accuair but couple years down the line if I decide! I appreciate all your info @jared it really helps so keep it up man!!

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
I scrape shit all the time. Rough roads, speed bumps, etc. But, I do believe this truck is getting bagged soon.

Jared

Administrator
Feb 8, 2012
North Dallas
^ I know you scrape lol. I only scrape on a bad incline. But he doesnt look 4/8 or 5/8 like we do. Thats all I am saying.

Bag it, and I will buy it soon.

I'm pretty sure my wife would rip my nuts off if I bag it and sell it.

Edubbcity1

Feb 1, 2014
Kansas City
1st off I don't need food for thought @james! I put the @ there to let a mofo know I'm talking to them. That's all you don't have to like it but if you were at all social media savy you would know this.. And my truck really only scrapes at bad inclines because my tranny x member isnt raised,I'm just sayin how about you read some of the posts and see what everyone is talking about when they say they scrape.. And no I'm not 8 in the back because like I said in the original post I havent put the shackles on yet, but in that pic I had 3"coils and the 2" arms on mabie it's the stock wheels but that ads up to 5 and my measurement of 33 to 28" is what I go by.. Look prime example.. Jared asked a question about upper control arm angle,but who is it for?! Thanks

James

Mar 21, 2012
The Boot
Sorry I am not social media savy @edubbcity1

I apparently dont know how to read :bleh:

I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors here at Custom GM.

static06

May 26, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
You can always just write out the name w/out "@"

4/7 with 245/70/17 tires and I stopped scraping in the usual places I would have

Sent through an underground drug tunnel of Tijuana