marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
ok so i thought i had fixed the problem i had but i seem to come back every now and then and now it does it all the time.

when i signal left the right LED flash slightly and left ones flash like normally

when i signal right the left LED's flash slightly and the right ones flash normally

here is a video of how i wired the DRL's and showing what is happening with the lights.

do i need resistors somewhere ?

please help

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
So, you don't have resistors anywhere in there?

I'd bet that's your issue.

Do you have the flasher mod done or a new flasher for leds?

do you have normal or LED bulbs in the tail lights. i found even with resistors and the flasher mod, if i have LED tail light bulbs, and my switchbacks, it does this, and when i hit the brake pedal, the blinkers in the mirrors would slightly light up.

i put standard bulbs in the taillights and it was good again.

Khaos

Bed Dent Club Founder
Mar 24, 2012
Albany, NY
do you have normal or LED bulbs in the tail lights. i found even with resistors and the flasher mod, if i have LED tail light bulbs, and my switchbacks, it does this, and when i hit the brake pedal, the blinkers in the mirrors would slightly light up.

i put standard bulbs in the taillights and it was good again.

Same. I ended up with halogen tails and turns again too.

Bryan, did you have resistors out back too? or just up front like me? I don't remember

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
So, you don't have resistors anywhere in there?

I'd bet that's your issue.

Do you have the flasher mod done or a new flasher for leds?

i just have the flasher mod done, no resistors anywhere.

i just dont understand that the opposite lights are getting power.

the good thing is it doesn't happen when i have my drl's in the on position since the one just stay's lit and the other one flashes.

marc

WhiteSilvy
May 16, 2013
canada
can i get that in english and not french conadian?

and can you answer my questions.

do you have LED tailight bulbs? or just DRL/blinker? DRL shouldnt effect anything unless you got rid of the DRL and turned it into another parking/blinker.

if you look at the wiring i got rid of the DRL and made both the bumper light do the same thing. like signal and then drl's.

and yeah i do have LED brake and signal bulbs... maybe ill change those out tonight and see if that fixes it.

baldd86

Mar 9, 2012
I had this problem about a month ago and fixed it with the led flasher on my 04 sierra.