9X37Crewcab

Nov 13, 2014
On my 06 silverado i had the windows tinted and had a brow across the top and bottom of the front windshield. Now my headlights come on all the time and add you can imagine is annoying having to turn off headlights every time u get in. Is there any way to modify the sensor so that its more sensitive to light?

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
lol I did the auto headlight delete mod. pull the sensor, unplug, run a wire from one terminal to the other, tape to hold it in place, bam.

9X37Crewcab

Nov 13, 2014
You sure it's not just the sensor? Mine was doing the same, replaced with one from the junkyard, boom, problem fixed.
Yeah cuz when the sun does hit it directly (doesnt happen often) then they go off and as long as it stays sunny its ok. Just doesn't get enough light to make it think its day time

Oktain

Canuck Admin
Staff member
Feb 9, 2012
Sudbury, ON
I'd forget my lights on waaayyy too much without my auto headlights.

It's a matter of unplugging the sensor though, and bridging the pigtails with a resistor... what size I don't know off hand.

Big Tex

slowly but surely
Jun 25, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'd forget my lights on waaayyy too much without my auto headlights.

It's a matter of unplugging the sensor though, and bridging the pigtails with a resistor... what size I don't know off hand.
I forget them on every once in a while but they shut off after like 5 or 10 minutes of the truck being off. And lol I didn't use a resistor... :secret:

9X37Crewcab

Nov 13, 2014
I plan on doing some mods with the drl and parking light. Where they will both be switchbacks and both will light up for parking light mode and for DRL mode plan on doing sometime soon just gotta order the parts

racer36

nbs lyfe
Aug 17, 2014
homer, mi
anyway, to you guys saying pull the DRL fuse, thats not the problem he is having, his problem is with the auto lights, because of the tint.
Im having the same problem and dont even have tint. Im going to try clearing that dome sensor unit

9X37Crewcab

Nov 13, 2014
Im having the same problem and dont even have tint. Im going to try clearing that dome sensor unit
I thought about trying to do this bit idk how to clear a tinted piece of plastic? Maybe sand it down make it thinner?